Share This Page:

Advice, help with funeral

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Schnauzer01

Advice, help with funeral

Post by Schnauzer01 »

Hello
I wonder if anyone can give me some advice please. My Dad passed away very suddenly on Friday evening. He was in 2 Para and was in Cyprus and Suez in the 50's. Unfortunately he was on minimum pension as is my mother and he has left no provision for a funeral(I'm sure you'll understand that I don't want to get into too much detail on an open forum)

I have been googling around and see there are organisations such as SSAFA and British Legion who may be able help a little. I just wondered if anyone had any experience of such a problem or could point me in the right direction.

There is very little state help available for my mum as though she and dad were on benefits, we, her children are not. We are all pitching in of course but the sudden expense of a funeral was something none of us were prepared for. At the moment mum and my brother are trying to sort through his stuff to see what they can sell to offset as much as they can.

As I say we are all pitching in and are going to cope as best we can, but would be very grateful for any advice in case there is a chance that mum may be eligible for even the smallest grant.

Thank you
Allison
Tab

Re: Advice, help with funeral

Post by Tab »

Contact the Parachute Regiment Association which is in Merville Barracks Essex. Ask around for your local PRA Unit and see what they can do to help
Schnauzer01

Re: Advice, help with funeral

Post by Schnauzer01 »

Many thanks for the advice.