Share This Page:

Laser eye Surgery

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Donners

Laser eye Surgery

Post by Donners »

Hi all.

Im new here and like many posters i dream of a military life style.

i wither want to be a marine or a para im not fussed either way, but i cant join the marines til im 22
this is because i had laser eye surgery done and they wont execpt applicants below that age.

im wondering if the army is the same in particular the Paras?

if any one can help that would be great... i dont know to much about the paras and the joining process but i guess its near enough the same?
KKOB

Re: Laser eye Surgery

Post by KKOB »

i dont know to much about the paras and the joining process

I really do think you ought to do some research on the www
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

You should be able to glean quite a bit of info either from reading through previous posts in this section of the forum, or using the 'Search' function.

Are you thinking of going Para instead, or joining as Para and then trying to switch later? It Would be a shame to go for a 'plan b' option. How old are you? If you've got a while to wait until you reach 22 maybe think about higher education, or Royal Marines Reserves whilst working - anything that would make you stand out from the crowd when reapplying...
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

As above, but I think you'll find the restrictions which apply to your eye surgery are consistent across the forces.

btw - What sort of treatment did you have? Advice I've given previously was that LASEK surgery is something that military medic types are more comfortable with accepting, as the corneal flap is shallower and reduces risks in the case of blows to your head post-treatment. Either way, they will not be rushing to bring anyone in before the year of recovery time is complete.

And as the treatment hasn't been entirely successful I wouldn't hold your breath on making the grade anytime soon....
Donners wrote:Hi all.

i have had laser eye surgery done. 4 months on it has regressed slightly but i can still see fine.

if it got worse, then i can have re treatment. does anyone know the rules on this? i know they are quite strict with it.

(and I think there's something wrong with your keyboard..... You can't seem to type Capital Letters...)
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

in general all services have same medical bars. However as suggested do your homework and enquire. horses mouth always a good start.
'Every man an Emperor'
MikeCoza2012xxx

Post by MikeCoza2012xxx »

Lasik eye surgery is very advance tech for eye enhancing but it is very expensive & risky. That's why many are using the natural way or the natural vision correction. Like me, I had proved the effectiveness of it. If you want to try here is the link http://bit.ly/HowGetRidOfYourGlasses
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

MikeCoza2012xxx wrote: That's why many are using the natural way or the natural vision correction. Like me, I had proved the effectiveness of it. If you want to try here is the link http://bit.ly/HowGetRidOfYourGlasses
Does it involve eating lots of carrots....?