Share This Page:

PTI running style

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Para-quinn

PTI running style

Post by Para-quinn »

Not sure if anyone else has noticed from watching videos on youtube, promotional dvds from afco ect but when the PTIs run there arms are generally alot lower/ Straighter than the general runnning style. Is this a technique used for when carrying weight or good to keep the shoulders in a relaxed state?? If anyone can shed some light on that would be quality'
Cheers
Barb: passed
Key skills: passed
Pre selection: passed
Adsc: passed
Prac:passed
Para depot: march 18th, 749 tamera platoon
Marine pressups: 70
Situps: 79
Heaves:14
Run time- 8.33
sportbilly42

Re: PTI running style

Post by sportbilly42 »

It comes with carrying weight really... But with those PTIs there's also the pose value mind..

You've noticed it because it looks like they don't even have to put any effort into their running. If you're looking at a PTI in admiration he'll get a hard-on... next time you check those DVDs check their groin area....
Amphibian

Post by Amphibian »

sportbilly42 wrote:It comes with carrying weight really... But with those PTIs there's also the pose value mind..

You've noticed it because it looks like they don't even have to put any effort into their running. If you're looking at a PTI in admiration he'll get a hard-on... next time you check those DVDs check their groin area....
:lol:
"Chin up, crack on"
Para-quinn

Post by Para-quinn »

Amphibian wrote:
sportbilly42 wrote:It comes with carrying weight really... But with those PTIs there's also the pose value mind..

Haha ye i thought it may hav been down to carrying weight. To be fair if i can make my training team get a hard on thru saying how good they are id happily do it!!!! :lol: anything for a bit less running and im there!
Run time- 8.33
Tab

Post by Tab »

You will the run the way it is most comfortable for you, Running with heay loads and your weapons will lead you to adopt your own style for that as well
Para-quinn

Post by Para-quinn »

Tab wrote:You will the run the way it is most comfortable for you, Running with heay loads and your weapons will lead you to adopt your own style for that as well
Thanks tab,

Going a little bit off subject but im thinking your advise is probably the best on here; im trying to make up new training ideas that really test my mental fitness to carry on and not give up, do u know of/or experienced any determination tests that really test ones mental robustness to just crack on?

Cheers
Run time- 8.33
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

i adopted the low arm mr bean style and to my shock/relief it worked. I dont know the science (if any) but i found it concentrated the effort in to the hips. I adopt similar principles whilst out pulling bints in Leeds.
'Every man an Emperor'
ofens

Post by ofens »

Is it because their hands are holding either end of the invisible string that is the only thing holding their ego down...?
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
Greeninside

Post by Greeninside »

This post is abit old but I'll shed some light on the situation. Running with your arms relaxed reduces the tension in your shoulders which in turn helps your chest expand and relax when breathing heavily. Also it means youre not useing energy keeping your arms 90 degrees and tense.