Share This Page:

1 Para and SFSG?

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Richard

1 Para and SFSG?

Post by Richard »

Does anyone no any information about SFSG, well anything there aloud to say on here..
I have taken an interest to 1 Para and want to be in that batallion when i have 3 years behind me in the Paras, i just want to no what do the SFSG do and why they are so different to the other batalions?

Thx Rick.
mm1306

Post by mm1306 »

You do not need 3 years to go to SFSG. They do allot of normal infantry work(but they get c8 s!!) but are also into all the fastroping and black kit counter terror stuff.
Remember though ct sounds ally but is maybe not so ally with the 3 hour standby.
Airborne Legend

Post by Airborne Legend »

PM me.
There is no fear, there is only the force.

Do or do not, there is no try.
Richard

Post by Richard »

mm1306 wrote:You do not need 3 years to go to SFSG. They do allot of normal infantry work(but they get c8 s!!) but are also into all the fastroping and black kit counter terror stuff.
Remember though ct sounds ally but is maybe not so ally with the 3 hour standby.
Someone at ADSC told me you need 3 years of experience in the paras to apply for 1 Para.

Rick.
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

Think this has changed now mate, i no of a lad that went straight out of Depot to 1 Para.
Richard

Post by Richard »

partymarty1987 wrote:Think this has changed now mate, i no of a lad that went straight out of Depot to 1 Para.
Yea your right mate, but you need to be super fit dont you?
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

Yeah i also heard that they take the better recruits, in not too sure though. It could be a load of bollocks.

aslong as i get my maroon machine and wings i'll be the happiest man alive.
Last edited by partymarty1987 on Tue 10 Mar, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J.Fazza

Post by J.Fazza »

[quote="partymarty1987"]
I hear 3 Para mortars get abit stick lol quote]

Why do 3 Para mortars get a bit of stick?
BARB - 71
Medicals - Passed
Interviews - Passed
ADSC- Passed
Chosen regiment - The Parachute Regiment
Start depot - July 12th
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

Well not stick i'll edit that. Its just banta between para regt lads
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

partymarty1987 wrote:Well not stick i'll edit that. Its just banta between para regt lads
BARB Test: 85
Interviews: Passed
Medical: Cleared
ADSC: Passed
Regiment: The Parachute Regiment
Start Depot: 31st May
Like you said: Between Para Regt lads
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

_Mark_ wrote:
partymarty1987 wrote:Well not stick i'll edit that. Its just banta between para regt lads
BARB Test: 85
Interviews: Passed
Medical: Cleared
ADSC: Passed
Regiment: The Parachute Regiment
Start Depot: 31st May
Like you said: Between Para Regt lads
Cheers for that
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

dont have to be mega or super fit to go from depot i know a fair few unfit mongs went straight to 1 especially before the 08 tour because of the harrogate joes not being old enough to go on tour with two and three they sent everyone old enough for the tour to two and three and the rest to 1 para mortars to train till they were old enough to do anything and trust me they was some absoloute mongs in afc platoon
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
just_me

Post by just_me »

Sky Ninja Steve, I am applying for Junior Entry could you elabarote more on these 'afc mongs'? Were they super un-fit, badly trained or what?

I am just curious on comparison between quality of AFC joes and Adult joes.

If it does not fit in with the topic perhaps you could PM me the info if you reply?

Thanks,

J_M
mutter1

Post by mutter1 »

sky ninja steve wrote:dont have to be mega or super fit to go from depot i know a fair few unfit mongs went straight to 1 especially before the 08 tour because of the harrogate joes not being old enough to go on tour with two and three they sent everyone old enough for the tour to two and three and the rest to 1 para mortars to train till they were old enough to do anything and trust me they was some absoloute mongs in afc platoon
Wouldn't those guys at 1 Para be expected to deploy some time too?....where ever they are needed, seems odd.

would those young'uns then be sent back to 2/3 Para?

:-?
druadan

Post by druadan »

Speculation, but obviously 2 and 3 Para deployed to form the main battlegroups of summer 08. 1 Para deploy in smaller divisions as and when they're required to support various SF elements; therefore there's more scope for shifting manpower around to ensure deployable companies are up to strength whilst those just back from a tour (and therefore likely to be in the UK for a year or whatever) get the younger lads in.

I know a few Para lads and it sounds like 1 Para isn't any guccier than anywhere else, just different work.