Share This Page:

para tatts.....

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
joe9843

para tatts.....

Post by joe9843 »

ive heard a few people saying that went your in the paras u cant just gett a airbourne tattoo, uve got to ern it ? if thats so.. how do you ern it !! and who tells you , you have ened the right to have a tattoo ? also are you aloud to further your carreer in the sf if you have military tattoos?? i.e para wings
BARB - PASSED MEDICAL - PASSED INTERVIEW - PASSED ADSC 16 TH MARCH
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Is this a serious post? if so the first thing you can do is learn to type properly.
Tab

Post by Tab »

I think what you will find that you are expected to get your wings first and then a tattoo, rather than turn up at the depot covered airborne tattoo's and no hope of passing the course
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Tab,
Spot on, and the same principle/principal (somebody please help out) should be applied in every other walk of life.
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

Rather than jumping straight in with the full monty regimental tat... perhaps you may find it helpful to get an 'L' and a 'R' inked onto your hands and feet first.... (An L on the left and an R on the right in case you haven't worked that one out)

This can help during training when you may forget which hand your 'left' glove goes on, or which foot for your 'right' sock.....

Also helps during drill practise. "Forget which hand to salute with?? (The right) You only have to look down and check for the handy 'R' then smartly bring it up to pay the proper compliments. Never get it wrong again..."

Once you've passed basic training you can then add more letters to reflect your chosen regiment (as long as there's an L and an R in there somewhere...)

You may be restricted to LIFE GUARDS

... or even ROYAL MARINES
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Many years ago a young lad, not long out of training, paid a visit to Doc Price in Plymouth. He asked for a 'Royal Marines Commando' rocker type tat on his shoulder. Being as it was the afternoon Doc had been drinking.

The following morning a colleague pointed out that the tat actually said 'Royal Marines Commado'. The chap hurried off to see Doc, who apologised and tried to do a repair job!

I'm sure my old Sgt Major said something at the time, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.
joe9843

Post by joe9843 »

tom163 wrote:Is this a serious post? if so the first thing you can do is learn to type properly.
yes this is a serious post why wouldnt it be !!! sorry if i havent spellt every word correctly not every body got A *s in english !!!
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

joe9843 wrote:sorry if i havent spellt every word correctly not every body got A *s in english !!!
Is that A*s in the 12+ exam?
tom163

Post by tom163 »

joe9843 wrote:
tom163 wrote:Is this a serious post? if so the first thing you can do is learn to type properly.
yes this is a serious post why wouldnt it be !!! sorry if i havent spellt every word correctly not every body got A *s in english !!!
Neither did I! I got mostly D's and E's in my GCSEs.
Last edited by tom163 on Wed 19 Nov, 2008 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joe9843

Post by joe9843 »

Seraph wrote:
joe9843 wrote:sorry if i havent spellt every word correctly not every body got A *s in english !!!
Is that A*s in the 12+ exam?
no, 11+
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

year and a tour after you get to battalion and its up to the most senior tom in your platoon .
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
davo141

Post by davo141 »

imagine been told what you can and cant have tattoo'd on you!

at BSN in the gym there where many a para with wings tattood on himself!

seems exactly the same as been in the corps!

with the attached ranks getting there pennys worth!
Forward Troop - CLRRM, Viking Operator and Maintainer. Viking Support Troop out in The Ghan.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

i got my wings tat up more or less after id been to brize - good few month after passing p-company. bit different in 4para though id imagine with regard to havin to do a tour etc. nether the less i was chuffed to bits over what id achieved so I had it done thing is I never bleated on or drew attention to it.no one can take it away from me though! happy days.
'Every man an Emperor'