Share This Page:

Locked threads

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
SO19

Post by SO19 »

If Ria want's to talk about the role of females in the Army, that's Ok. If Ria want's to make a documentary and ask reasonable questions about P-Coy (providing people want to give them), that's Ok too. But if Ria want's to open an old thread with the intention of picking apart something Sandy said three years ago, soley to reignite an argument and to get 'one over him', then that's not Ok.

And as wholley said, no one has binned her, she's still free to post.

One more thing, as far as I'm aware flighty, locked threads have absolutley f@#k all to do with you.
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
RiaBright

Post by RiaBright »

SO19 wrote:If Ria want's to talk about the role of females in the Army, that's Ok. If Ria want's to make a documentary and ask reasonable questions about P-Coy (providing people want to give them), that's Ok too. But if Ria want's to open an old thread with the intention of picking apart something Sandy said three years ago, soley to reignite an argument and to get 'one over him', then that's not Ok.

Well that's not what you were saying originally.
You said if I started a thread on this, (even though I said I had no wish to do this) you would delete it, & my account with it.

I certainly have no wish to "get one over " Sandy.
I asked him a question.
If you're going to make statements on here, no matter how long ago, then you have to be prepared for people to query what you say from time to time.
I like Sandy. I'm not trying to make him look a dick. I'm interested in what he has to say.
He's obviously not going to answer my question on here, so my only other option is to hide behind a bush at the Paras 10, jump on him as he runs past, & sit on his face until he tells me everything I want to know about women doing P Coy. :P
He might even enjoy the experience........ :lol:
Doc

Post by Doc »

option is to hide behind a bush
OMG!!!

We are onto the lesbians now!!! :lol:
Paddysprat

Post by Paddysprat »

Doc wrote:Paddy, you are getting your long necked african mammals and fish mixed up again. The diversionary tactic was actually the due east bit as in fact you would be heading due south-ish. Both the conductor and passenger were actually fingerless from a freak finger removal accident in Ipswish, they are infact brothers, but not to each other, one being a pre-op TV called sebastian.

Further points of clarification are the facts that they were not on a train at all, but a bus which was running late by approx 6 mins 34 secs, due to a rather serious gravy spillage on the M5 motorway just north of Birmingham. The police were on scene and reported to be in a bit of a pickle, so the gravy was also a red herring.

It was in fact Sunday, and the weather was dull, in contrast to the BBC Southern Counties weather report which forecast Sunny intervals and chips for tea.

Where the dyslexic panda dressed as a nun comes into it I have no idea.

Now enough sensible chat and back to the crap about women paras.

:silly:
'Paddysprat' a phrase used when explaining the origins of an 'Army Brats' accent.
lewis123

Post by lewis123 »

Ria has been on arrse to asking daft questions.
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/vie ... t=260.html
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Could one of the Mods explain the reasons behind locking threads?

Is there a set policy and do all the Mods abide by it?

I'm not complaining just wondering, because sometimes threads appear to be locked on a whim. Some posts and threads have even been deleted. If there is good reason then so be it.
RiaBright

Post by RiaBright »

lewis123 wrote:Ria has been on arrse to asking daft questions.
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/vie ... t=260.html
Why is it a stupid question? ( Re. this thread on ARRSE )

It seems to be getting to the point on these Forums that the non-serving simply can't ask any question at all without ridicule.

I asked for suggestions as to possible future job opportunities within the forces, for any woman passing P Coy or AACC, as I presume they wouldn't be able to serve alongside the lads they'd trained with.
Perfectly sensible question.
I have no intention of doing AACC, & may well never get to do P Coy.
Am I not allowed to be interested in the subject, & the very valid argument that it would be a "waste" for a woman to do this?
I wanted to canvas opinions, from those in the know, on whether it would indeed be a waste. Many thought it wouldn't be, & came up with some interesting job suggestions, until the muppets & goons came onto the thread.

Edited to add......I'm talking about the question I asked on ARRSE, not on here. The quote I am replying to is re. ARRSE.
Last edited by RiaBright on Fri 29 Aug, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Good effort Ria,.
How to win friends and influence people.
On MF&T we are all schollboys and here we're all goons.
Stop with the attitude and you may get some respect.
Quite simply you are making yourself a target with your combative and increasingly insulting posts.

No offense,obviously 8)
Doc

Post by Doc »

Rogue Chef wrote:Could one of the Mods explain the reasons behind locking threads?

Is there a set policy and do all the Mods abide by it?

I'm not complaining just wondering, because sometimes threads appear to be locked on a whim. Some posts and threads have even been deleted. If there is good reason then so be it.
Threads I have locked are threads that have spiralled into nonsense and slagging. I have also locked adverts and deleted spamming. I have in the past also deleted posts with text speak after several attempts at trying to convince the poster to use the English language. (I have also locked threads for this same reason in the past)

There isnt a set policy and not all mods go about their business in the same way.

Personally I would always welcome a hit to the head if Ive farked up I cant be perfect all the time :wink:
RiaBright

Post by RiaBright »

Wholley wrote:and here we're all goons.
)
The "goon" reference was about the comments made on the thread on ARRSE, not here.
I was clearly talking about the link to ARRSE.
(I haven't asked the question about job opportunities on here. :roll: )
Doc

Post by Doc »

I think after all the questions and answers on here, mfat and ARRSE the answers to questions are

No
No
Never
Why and No
No

Para 10 is the closest any lady will get to PCoy and a unit, from what I have read in the answers from people in the know.

Somewhereeeee over the rainbow way up high! Sha la laaa la la la la laaaa, show me the way to use a dildoooo and sweet Mary.............. can go fark herself :P
RiaBright

Post by RiaBright »

Doc wrote: Para 10 is the closest any lady will get to PCoy and a unit, from what I have read in the answers from people in the know.
Shouldn't believe everything you read then Doc. :D :D :D
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

Ria, I beleive you had a point in your original question, and that you weren't out of order in the way you asked it. However, virtually all of your posts post since have been nothing but argumentative, so I can understand why you got the reaction that you did.

And yes, the female P Coy topic has been flogged to death.

Just face it, none have passed, and it is unlikely any ever will. And as LB pointed out, it would be pointless anyway. So chill the fark out.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Personally, it's not something I'd ever want to do, and I can imagine that a lot of women that do want to are only interested because they've been told they can't. We're like that.
That said, there were no women in my job about 10 years ago, so who knows what will happen in the future?
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

Hyperlithe wrote:That said, there were no women in my job about 10 years ago, so who knows what will happen in the future?
There are stacks of jobs that are open to females nowadays that previously weren't. Not many of them require a robust physical selection. As we all know, P Company is open to anyone...