Share This Page:

future deployments

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
BIG Hal

future deployments

Post by BIG Hal »

does anybody, particulrly greenronnie or current paras' know when the next deployment is going to be? Myself and my dad were discussing this last week so I thought i'd ask. I know that 3 PARA is in afghanistan at the moment and have about 2 months left until they return. If all goes well at depot (bloody hope it does) i will be going to battalion (hopefully 3 PARA) next april and i dont want to be waiting too long to get out on ops'.

Any reply will be much appreciated, Alex
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Nobody knows mate.

Its all hearsay at the moment, rumour control gone mad.

Plenty of requests going about though, the top one being Africa; Zimbabwe in particular. 8)

Nothing has been said, but i cant see us going back to Afghanistan any time soon. I think our work is done there. Just regular brigades going out there after 3 Cdo had finished. Unless the situation significantly changes, my money would be on us being put back on Airborne task force and Rapid deployment force.

p.s. what would greenronnie know about that sort of thing? He is far too busy drinking brews and shooting the shit with his RAF buddies. :D
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
BIG Hal

Post by BIG Hal »

thanks for the reply para1. I said greenronnie because as far as i know he's the only one who is still in the paras', apart from sandy the PTI. Anyway mate whats happening in zimbabwe? I thought that the paras' were done in africa as i havnt heard any news of them being there since they were in sierra leone in 2001. BTW are you still in the paras' mate if so would you mind if i asked you a few Q's if i should need to pal.

Thanks mate
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

Paratrooper01 wrote:p.s. what would greenronnie know about that sort of thing? He is far too busy drinking brews and shooting the shit with his RAF buddies. :D
Cheers for the jokes ya chopsy coooont!

Mate, you will be going to Afghan in the next couple of years if you get through your training. The army has been bled dry over the last few years, so any 'out of area' deployments would be difficult for the army to carry out. However who knows what may pop up in the future. Iran may be a possible (and scary!) possibility.

You will definately not be short of dangerous places to go to, when and if you pass out! Be careful what you wish for.
just_me

Post by just_me »

Can I ask if Pakistan is going to be occupied because of Taliban fighters streaming from there?
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

Can we undergo a friendly invasion of australia? I wouldn't mind sampling the women and the beaches. Definitely put my name down for that!!
fodd

Post by fodd »

Already doing it I go in 83 days not that im counting 8)
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
Airborne Legend

Post by Airborne Legend »

Why so keen to go to 3 Para? Get working hard in the depot and try and get to 1 Para mate. If you're keen to get deployed this is the place to be, the jobs are pretty interesting too.
There is no fear, there is only the force.

Do or do not, there is no try.
BIG Hal

Post by BIG Hal »

airborne legend, check your PM's mate.
mutter1

Post by mutter1 »

Airborne Legend wrote:Why so keen to go to 3 Para? Get working hard in the depot and try and get to 1 Para mate. If you're keen to get deployed this is the place to be, the jobs are pretty interesting too.
You can go straight there as a recruit?
BIG Hal

Post by BIG Hal »

apparently so mate, that would be pretty cool going there straight after depot and brize norton
JayBuckley

Post by JayBuckley »

mutter1 wrote:
Airborne Legend wrote:Why so keen to go to 3 Para? Get working hard in the depot and try and get to 1 Para mate. If you're keen to get deployed this is the place to be, the jobs are pretty interesting too.
Yes you can dude i was talking to my AFCO in my final interview yesterday and he mentioned that if you do well then you could get 1 Para which would be awesome but for now i am just going to concentrate on getting there and completing training! Any body give me the dates for the Para intakes? - Originally i was meant to be going in October but not sure now as i have well an truly f@#k my ankle so bit worried bout when i will be going as i want to go soon as possible!

Thanks
BIG Hal

Post by BIG Hal »

from what I've been told mate, 1PARA, or SFSG as it is now, take and I quote "A grade joes or those who request to go there and aren't mongs". So I gather if you work hard and fast in depot, you will have a better chance of being posted to St Athans.
lewis123

Post by lewis123 »

When i spoke to a bloke in 2 Para he said that the Regiment was going back in 2010 and 1 Para were going in November.
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

the 'Regiment' ? :)