Share This Page:

Maximuscle

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
freer07

Maximuscle

Post by freer07 »

Does anbody know any good maximuscle products to get the strength up abit ive heard there about £40 a tub but the price doesent bother me i only know one by the name of cyclone ive seen on a forum but i couldnt find it again lol cheers for any replies!!! :D
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

synergy by PHD. same thing but cheaper and you get more, so better value. Also it doesnt taste like slop or give you the sh*ts...
'Every man an Emperor'
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Call me old fashioned, but a sensible diet and a sensible training regime worked for me.
There are no shortcuts.
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

I agree. Hard work and plenty of decent food cant be beaten, but as a supplement (and I'm assuming the subject matter is weight training) the product I mentioned achieved its goal, which was to provide more protein and carbs, a lot better and at less cost than the maximuscle product......old git :wink:
'Every man an Emperor'
harry hackedoff

Cheek :wink:
Creatin products and various milk based protein supplements are fine if you are aged seventy two but for a young lad training hard, a normal varied diet really will suffice. I question the motives of anyone who wants to short-cut the training process. And anyone using steroids is a serious concern.
Get there by your own effort. And you know you did it yourself :wink:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Try the link here for a competitive product.

As said, you can't beat good wholesome real food. But for convienence, these shakes are handy

http://www.sports-nutrition.net/store.p ... b=2&skip=1
Holger Danske

Post by Holger Danske »

Be carefull with creatin.
If you take for a long time your body might stop producing itself and you are forced to take for the rest of tour life.
Drink milk after training.
Studies show that it is as good as all the expensive stuff there is on market.

"Background: Acute consumption of fat-free fluid milk after resistance exercise promotes a greater positive protein balance than does soy protein.

Objective: We aimed to determine the long-term consequences of milk or soy protein or equivalent energy consumption on training-induced lean mass accretion.

Design: We recruited 56 healthy young men who trained 5 d/wk for 12 wk on a rotating split-body resistance exercise program in a parallel 3-group longitudinal design. Subjects were randomly assigned to consume drinks immediately and again 1 h after exercise: fat-free milk (Milk; n = 18); fat-free soy protein (Soy; n = 19) that was isoenergetic, isonitrogenous, and macronutrient ratio matched to Milk; or maltodextrin that was isoenergetic with Milk and Soy (control group; n = 19).

Results: Muscle fiber size, maximal strength, and body composition by dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) were measured before and after training. No between-group differences were seen in strength. Type II muscle fiber area increased in all groups with training, but with greater increases in the Milk group than in both the Soy and control groups (P < 0.05). Type I muscle fiber area increased after training only in the Milk and Soy groups, with the increase in the Milk group being greater than that in the control group (P < 0.05). DXA-measured fat- and bone-free mass increased in all groups, with a greater increase in the Milk group than in both the Soy and control groups (P < 0.05).

Conclusion: We conclude that chronic postexercise consumption of milk promotes greater hypertrophy during the early stages of resistance training in novice weightlifters when compared with isoenergetic soy or carbohydrate consumption."

Drink milk.
1 liter of milk give you more than 30 grams of super proteins.
8)
"Sir! We are surrounded! - Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

Id recommend milk any day too as its just as good and miles cheaper, but alas if you have an intolerance to it such as I have - for every litre you guzzle you spend the rest of the day breaking wind like a human wind machine or sat on the throne left right and centre dropping your guts... :o
'Every man an Emperor'
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

Just get out running, beast yourself, and eat as much scoff as you can!! Sod all this touchy feely nutrition crap! And for God's sake, forget about weight training if you're seriously considering joining up in the near future.
freer07

Post by freer07 »

i have stopped weight training and i am joining up in the near futre sorry if this is offensive to anyone i was only asking so i could do more pullups i can piss pushups but no so good on the pull ups thats why i wanted the supplement so i could get more upper body strength and all the training i am doing now is all fitness like running biking swimming crossrunning etc...
harry hackedoff

Cardio-vascular endurance is not available over the counter, or under it for that matter, there are no short cuts.
Runs, sprints, fartlecs and high intensity circuits are the way.
Shove the supplements where the cleaner won`t find them.
8)
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

If you turn up to Depot Para for basic training and you are sh1t at running......standby to get the biggest eye opener of your life. You run EVERYWHERE.

You want to be running 1.5 miles in under 9 minutes atleast! For fcuks sake, its not hard. People i know can run that in under 7:30 mins so it cant be that hard.

You will build up your endurance throughout training to prepare you for week19 and P-company. Remember, you will have to tab up to 18 miles on p-company so you will gradually build up to that. I think you do a 15 mile tab as the last training tab before you start p-company, so you are well prepared.

Just make sure you turn up to depot and you can run fast, and you can do lots of pressups and situps. Easy. 8)
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
Skeav

Post by Skeav »

Paratrooper01 wrote:If you turn up to Depot Para for basic training and you are sh1t at running......standby to get the biggest eye opener of your life. You run EVERYWHERE.

You want to be running 1.5 miles in under 9 minutes atleast! For fcuks sake, its not hard. People i know can run that in under 7:30 mins so it cant be that hard.

You will build up your endurance throughout training to prepare you for week19 and P-company. Remember, you will have to tab up to 18 miles on p-company so you will gradually build up to that. I think you do a 15 mile tab as the last training tab before you start p-company, so you are well prepared.

Just make sure you turn up to depot and you can run fast, and you can do lots of pressups and situps. Easy. 8)
Yep well said! except the final word! :D I was one of the best runners in my platoon and missed out on some nasty thrashings by being in the top 5, or 10 or however many dont have to go again on various things you get to do. Big saying in that place "it pays to be a winner" couldn't be more true.

And just to be fair in case anyone thought I was gobbing off there I was crap at a lot of other things, my shooting in particular was easily amoung the worst in the platoon!

Skeav
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Skeav wrote:And just to be fair in case anyone thought I was gobbing off there I was crap at a lot of other things, my shooting in particular was easily amoung the worst in the platoon!

Skeav
Shooting and fitness.

The 2 main things that a para reg soldier should be jedi's at. 8)
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

Skeav wrote: Yep well said! except the final word! :D I was one of the best runners in my platoon and missed out on some nasty thrashings by being in the top 5, or 10 or however many dont have to go again on various things you get to do. Big saying in that place "it pays to be a winner" couldn't be more true.

Skeav
Yeah but even being a "winner" doesn't always pay, I remember a couple of PT sessions when I was first at Depot when the top 5 or so to come in got sent round again with the rest of the platoon because in the (approximate) words of the PTI:

"Well Joe your all looking pretty fresh, you'll have people thinking PT's easy, standby..........GO!"

And of course because we started after it meant more work to try and catch the rest of the lads up.

I still struggle to see how red faces and hanging out your hoop can make you look "fresh" :lol: