Share This Page:

How long is parachute regiment training?

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
tom163

How long is parachute regiment training?

Post by tom163 »

Hi im new to this site but been posting a bit on mfat.co.uk though. I just wondered how many weeks is parachute regiment training from start to end (finishing P-Coy)? and can you go straight for parachute training after P-Coy to get your wings or do you have to wait a few months?
Sky Police

Post by Sky Police »

Have a look here mate. Looks like the site's been updated

http://www.army.mod.uk/hqschinf/itc_cat ... ourse_.htm

I was talking to a lad in 2PARA at the weekend when i was at the dropzone, and he said he's been in battalion a year but still hasn't got his wings. He's due to go to brize in June/July i think he said. I think he must have got bored waiting as he was doing a civvy jump course at the DZ! :)

There seemed to be quite a gathering of paras at Langar over Easter doing jump courses (well 2 anyway, the guy from 2PARA and a corporal from 1PARA). Must be the new ally dropzone to jump at! :D

Mikey
ParaRegt

Post by ParaRegt »

Training is 26 weeks. After you finish you usually get on a course at brize within a couple of months. That lad from 2 para must have been RTU'd a few times from brize if he's been in battalion for a year.
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Rite ok that doesnt sound so bad, so you do 26 weeks at ITC Catterik then wait a month or two to do P Coy?
SO19

Post by SO19 »

No, your waiting a few months to do your jumps course, Pre-Para is at week 20.
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

My oppo in 4 Para has his jumps course in June/July, though he didn't say whether it would be at Brize or the new place mentioned earlier. Maybe the jumps courses are just gonna run once or twice a year from now on.
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.
Airborne Legend

Post by Airborne Legend »

Just hope that if you have a go at it mate then you get on a jumps course before you get to battalion!! What a nightmare.
Also don't get too bogged down with concern about P coy, by the time you get there you should piss it. It's not the REAL test, depot is the REAL test. I knew guys day 1 week 1 who where fit enough to pass P coy, but the didn't have the mental strength to get there (some not even to the end of the first week!).
It's all in your mind, good luck if you give it a go.
There is no fear, there is only the force.

Do or do not, there is no try.
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Yes im deffinitly going for it at the start of next year :D
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Sorry what is depot? totally forgot my heads gone blanck.
Airborne Legend

Good choice :) anything you need to know all the reg guys on here will be happy to help.

Airborne Legend

It's THE DEPOT, lol. Comes from when Para Reg used to have a dedicated training establishment (called Depot Para) before some muppet decided we shouldn't get our own because the rest of the hats (sorry :o ) don't like it.
But Para reg is quite old skool so we still call training the depot.

Hope that helps.

Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Gone off the idea of doing Selection for 23 Tom?

http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15913
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
tom163

Post by tom163 »

yes i was advised that if i joined the Parachute Regiment that would create a clearer path to the UKSF insted of having to do selection twice and would not get as much experience out of it as if I was to go to the Parachute Regiment.
Sky Police

Post by Sky Police »

ParaRegt wrote:Training is 26 weeks. After you finish you usually get on a course at brize within a couple of months. That lad from 2 para must have been RTU'd a few times from brize if he's been in battalion for a year.
Quite possibly had been. Think he mentioned something about there not being enough aircraft.

Get them all to DZ Dunkeswell, they have a beech king air. Only holds about 15 people but gets to 15,000ft in 7 minutes!! :lol: Man i love King Air's!!! :lol:
harry hackedoff

Re: How long is parachute regiment training?

Post by harry hackedoff »

tom163 wrote:Hi im new (Always a winner with me, the old hi I`m new opening remark :wink: ) I just wondered how many weeks is parachute regiment training ?
It a lot longer than it`s going to be, soon, hey girls :P

Once they bin Para training :roll:

Wahhhhhhhhhhh 8)
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]