Share This Page:

Contact - Afghanistan

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
JoJo82

Post by JoJo82 »

Alfa wrote:How come if some new teenager to the site post a soft comment or asks a question ask many times before he's insulted and given a warning by the Mods yet this Whitey seems to be able to say whatever he wants without anybody even calling him on it??

Whitey there's a word for the tactics you suggest for Iraq it's called GENOCIDE now if you think that thats perfectly acceptable because you don't like paying $3 a gallon for your petrol then your sick I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot and someone was proposing this as a tactic against the American population you wouldn't be so enthusiastic about it!!

Get a grip and go somewhere else to chat your rubbish and leave this topic to get back to what it was originally intended for.
You will find some members will call whitey out of the b0ll0x that he feeds us, however, reading his past efforts, he does have a brain and can be rather decent. He just has a stick for blowing wind up his arse and he knows it :wink:

We have all been there, ask a stupid question or at one point or the other put both feet in but as Frank says, some people have the experience than others. Take Iraq for example, would it be worth the time to start a debate about the ins and the outs with some one who has been out there and experienced it first hand? I wouldn't bother but if you'd been out there, you may have seen a different light and therefore the debate could be rather heathly and interesing.

DOn't panic, the MODs on here are fair and decent, you may think you are being treated worse, however, how'd you know the other person is not receiving a PM from that MOD to?

Sit back, relax and wish our boys well out in Afghan! ONce again good luck para and ronnie, I'll have a beer or two for you in Cyprus, possible it could be on nissi beach or protaras......................lets think????
[img]http://www.btinternet.com/~stuart.bowell/jb.jpg[/img]
[url=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/][img]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev307bf___.png[/img][/url]
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

IF you want to see how we Americans, Veterans talk about this "War" and its conduct google SFTT forums. It is an eye opener and I believe insight into the future when 140,000 OIF veterans return and find their parents generation which is old and flailing screwed them.

My personal feelings are I like the Jawas, I think Christians and Jawas have more in common than we do with the Hebs. However we have been conditioned to believe that we are a Judeo-Christian nation, whatever that means and Islam is our mortal enemy. It is dangerous to believe different in the USA and I see what is going on so clear, so very clear not because I've BTDT, operated in the cold salt water ect..., but because when I got out of the service I tried for a long time to understand things that didn't make sense.
I went to school and for 3 solid years researched and viola, it all came together. There is a global conspiracy, there is a God and the devils children are running the earth and as a result having us kill their enemies by deception.
Follow the money, look at the names, connect them.
Interesting fact is, the banking famalies who funded Hitler funded the allies, even worse these famalies were the same race as those in the camps. Yep.
Take a look, research it. Even in WW1, same thing. We Europeans killed one another because bankers behind the scenes were pulling strings.

Being a soldier doesn't make you an expert on the war you are in. I'd wager most troops are really clueless as to what they are really being used for. I was, but as I look at maps that show global petroleum and mineral fields and where US troops are deployed today to include Bosnia, it becomes clear what I was. I was a security guard basically for wealthy men elected to office and their investments, and they in turn are slaves to the banks, owned by guess who?
My last post on this thread btw.
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

I wasn't trying to defend the guys who ask stupid questions/make stupid comments I was just using it as an example.

I wasn't getting at any of the Mods either, I was just pointing out that usually by now one of them would have warned him about making anymore post like these. They're not informative and have nothing to do with what the thread is about and so don't have any relevance here.

Thats all I was trying to say.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Alfa, I think we all know where you are coming from.
I go off wsometimes to make a point, to get people to think. Thinking is a good thing.
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)
adidev

Post by adidev »

Jesus whitey you are a nob of the first order,and to mention Thomas Paine in you messages.You are a crap artist of the first order.
per mare per terram
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Whitey wrote:My view is, I don't care about the Iraqi people, but I don't like paying 3 dollars a gallon for fuel. They are in the way of progress. If they want to fight a war over their faulty theology, fine. But winner take all and I say lets take the oil.

Whitey, is this seriously your view? As a human being do you honestly not care about innocent Iraqi people? You say progress, do you mean AMERICAN progress? It sounds like you feel, that because their ideology/theology is wrong (different to yours) that it is ok to take everything from them, in the the aid of helping America(pay less for oil). Is this correct? When you talk about this faulty theology are talking about Islam as in comparison to Christianity? If so are you saying that you wond or dont tollerate ANY other religion in the world that we ALL live in?

We could have these people on their knees in a week if allowed to do so. The strategy of walking around the streets of Iraq waiting for an insurgent to take a shot at you so you can return fire is stupid. It doesn't work and we know it and keep doing it. Idiots do things like that. They will know their methods will end in failure, yet will go about it as usual anyway. I'm glad you take pride in being an idiot with a fancy label.

Had we fought WW2 like this you'd all be speaking German and we in the US would be in a cold war with Germany with a dipshit president saying "Mr. Chancelor bring down that wall".

Of course the coalition and America could have them on their knee's in weeks, we could flatten the place in weeks, and kill millions in the progress, is this what you are suggesting? You say had we faught WW2 like this (the current way) we would be speaking German, but do you not see that this is a whole different kind if war than that against the Nazi,s and far more complex? The war on terror is a totally different scenario than WW2. WW2 had one enemy (essentially) from one place, the Nazi's and Germany, take them and you win the war? correct or not? However taking Iraq would NOT win the war on terror, as there are cells of terrorists all over he world and predominently in the middle east. If we were to destroy iraq and starve the people in the way you seem to be suggesting, do you not think that this would only create a million more potential terrorists and a million more suicide bombers? it would fuel the likes of Al-Queda and give them masses of ammunition to recruit more people into their holy war against those who attack Islam. They wouldn,t go to Iraq anymore, they,d go elsewhere, anywhere and continue the War there. Just look how many foreign fighters have entered Iraq to join the insurgents.
Armies are not cops, they are killers. Cops do not have artillery, aircraft with 2000lb bombs and nuclear submarines. It is time we use our might to end conflicts now. I don't care about democracy, the Iraqi people or human rights more than I care about my countrymen in harms way or yours who are along side us.

My point again, using our MIGHT will not work in this war, it far more complex than this. Ending iraq in this way would be a disaster. We need the likes of a peacfull iraq to fight the war on terror from within.
Force them into the cities in the summer, turn off the power and water and let them decide how they want to end this war. Send them an artillery barrage to keep the pressure up. How do you think we beat the Japs? Through serious destruction of life and property.

See above.
Im sorry if this is still off topic, so Whitey please PM an answer if need be, im very interested to hear what you think.
HarryAVFC

Post by HarryAVFC »

How about you lot who want to discuss racism and other things of this sort start a new thread of your own and stop hijacking this thread about the superb job the paras are doing in Afganistan. :evil: :bad-words:
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

Agreed. This thread was started to discuss the deployment in Helmand, Afghanistan by 3 Para & 16 AA Bde, and I'd like to stick to it. Can u please please keep this thread to what it is. Why don't you start another thread perhaps?
I'm genuinely interested in the comments of the lads who are out there risking their lives and doing a superb job AND who make time to come to MF to tell us what's going on out there when they perhaps want to just relax in their spare time and contact loved ones etc.

If this thread carries on like it's reached now, I will suggest it to the moderators to be locked because it has gone way off topic.
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.
JoJo82

Post by JoJo82 »

Harry and Box, there is a thread in the Retreat regarding some issue Whitey has brought up yet again. May I suggest if you have access to the retreat people, to carry it on from there.

Good luck and keep the good job up out there lads!
[img]http://www.btinternet.com/~stuart.bowell/jb.jpg[/img]
[url=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/][img]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev307bf___.png[/img][/url]
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

Two UK soldiers were killed in Helmand yesterday.

RIP.
tom_06

Post by tom_06 »

Yeh RIP. Apparently they were SF and had just bagged four of the talibans leaders.
Recruit Training: 13th November
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

The families have asked the MOD not to release their names, so we'll probably never know which unit(s) they were with.
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

Meanwhile...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... wafg21.xml

Para risked his life to save US soldier hurt in Taliban attack
By Thomas Harding in Camp Bastion
(Filed: 21/06/2006)

A Paratrooper who ran to the aid of a wounded American soldier while under heavy fire could be among the first British troops to be awarded a gallantry medal in Afghanistan.

Pte Peter McKinley has been praised by his commanders for a "massive display of bravery" after saving the life of the US sergeant in one of the most intense battles 3 Bn the Parachute Regiment has experienced during its deployment to Helmand province.
Military sources said he would receive recognition for his courageous act. Pte McKinley, 21, was part of a 100-strong force of Paras that came to the rescue of an American convoy of 10 vehicles that had been ambushed near the town of Sangin in northern Helmand.

The Americans had taken high ground where the Paras formed a defensive cordon, but as darkness descended a force of 30 heavily armed Taliban crept close to their position and opened fire with rocket-propelled grenades and heavy machine guns.

The first RPG round that announced the assault tore into a Humvee jeep, badly wounding two American soldiers from a logistics regiment who had taken cover inside.

As the soldiers screamed "medic, medic", Pte McKinley, the trained first aid soldier in his eight-man section, jumped up and sprinted across open ground to the vehicle as enemy rounds passed overhead.

He found the Americans covered in blood with the sergeant's face shredded by shrapnel, an eye dislodged, his scalp torn back, a broken arm, a neck injury and fragments in his legs.

"They were still firing at us when I ran back to the Humvee," said the soldier from Manchester.

"The sergeant was in a pretty bad way but my training just kicked in and I spent about 15 minutes looking after his wounds, stemming the flow of blood and keeping his airway clear."

A medical officer later confirmed that the injured soldier was a "P1 Casualty" - the highest priority for evacuation and treatment - and he was evacuated to the British base at Camp Bastion.

Major Will Pike, the commander of A Company, said that for Pte McKinley ''to answer the call and go to someone and save their life'' while under fire was ''massively impressive''. He added: "He was very brave while completely disregarding his own safety.

"He also treated the American soldier beyond the level that as team medic he is expected to perform. We have a lot of private soldiers who are very young and just out of training but have proved very steady while under fire."

The fighting on June 13 was part of the early stages attempting to gain control of Helmand from the Taliban in an operation being led by the 2,000-strong 3 Para battlegroup.

The Paras, who arrived in Helmand two months ago, have been pushing forward into the hostile north of the province over the past two weeks. Yesterday two Taliban ambushes of civilian convoys left 30 people dead, officials said, as coalition and Afghan forces killed at least 11 militants.

More than 10,000 coalition and Afghan troops are fanning out across four southern provinces to combat the Taliban. A total of almost 6,000 British troops will have deployed to Afghanistan by the height of summer on a mission to bring control to an area that is in the grip of drug barons and Taliban insurgents.
Maroon

Post by Maroon »

AIRBORNE!!! UP :drinking:
"Every man an Emperor!"
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Well done Pte McKinley 8) Farking good effort Tom 8)
Not sure about
could be among the first British troops to be awarded a gallantry medal in Afghanistan.
Depends when you start from, Op Anaconda anyone 8)
Not taking the piss though, bloody great example of what we expect our Teeth arms to be doing and as Para number one says, Royal will be taking over shortly. Let`s hope the Talliban don`t like Beanz, hey. :P

Ref Whiteboy getting up everyone`s nose, that`s what he does. He is very annoying in an aquired taste sort of way. 8) His views on global politics, the Zionist Plot or the stategic use of American Force to secure oil supplies are not popular but so what? See how you feel when petrol is ten pounds a litre and you have to queue all day for it, though :wink: You don`t have to agree with him.I`d like your disagreement to be polite though. He often comes across as a racist nobber. Let me assure Members that he is neither.

Whiteboy, we`ve introduced a politics forum three years ago, just so you and NB Forrest, (how is the old MoFo, by the way :P ) can expound your particular interests and view points.
Please confine your comments on this thread to the matter in hand, the conduct of British Airborne Forces in Helmland. You are getting on peoples tits mate.
Take a tot, Whiteman, Sempers bud :wink:
:drinking:

Are we happy now? Can we move on? Good 8)

James, when are we going to see some real ally photies mate?
And what`s the run ashore like 8)
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]