Share This Page:

Military Artwork

All advertising to be contained in this Forum only, we do not tolerate spamming through out the Forum.
Angels-ink

Military Artwork

Post by Angels-ink »

Good afternoon! My name is Kirsty and I am an artist and auxiliary nurse from Sussex in the UK, working in a hospital famous for treating RAF pilots in ww2.

I paint in my spare time, my most popular canvases are my "Path to Peace" ones which show two soldiers walking along a path of poppies. Each poppy is created using my own fingerprints to make each painting unique and represent the individual mark each and every soldier makes on history. I sell these and donate a portion of each sale to military charities. I have also gifted several to veterans and charities. Price for a hand painted canvas ranges from £50-60.

I am also going to be seeking soldiers to help me complete a giant version of this painting once lockdown is over, by using their own fingerprints instead of mine to make the poppy path. There are more details about this on my website!

Please visit www.angels-ink.com to find out more xxx
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Military Artwork

Post by Beast »

Good day Kirsty.

Many thanks for your introduction, i'm sure I know of said famous hospital and not too far from myself.

I have edited your post to enable your link to work and many thanks for your hard work and dedication looking after our veterans.
Angels-ink

Re: Military Artwork

Post by Angels-ink »

Hello! Sorry I lost my login details so couldn't reply 😂

I was actually featured on BBC news recently talking about my project and it has gone a bit crazy on twitter and Instagram too.

Due to lockdown I haven't yet been able to collect any poppy prints in person, BUT I've had several sent to me through the post which I've carefully added, and I have over 100 soldiers names on a list waiting for covid restrictions to ease so they can add a poppy fingerprint plus a couple of whole platoons are in the queue!

I haven't decided where the original piece will go yet, but I'd love for it to be somewhere people can visit and see for themselves plus be well looked after.

Would be grateful if people could spread the word, and if anyone on here would like to add to the painting please let me know! X