Share This Page:

Defiance

Recommended Books you have read or great films you have watched.
Brett B

Defiance

Post by Brett B »

has anyone here seen this movie yet? got any views on it? i want to see it, but want to get some opinion first before shedding out cash. from what ive seen of the adverts it is good. but adverts always make a movie look good when generally it isnt.

thanks
brett
AST: Pass!
Initial Interview: Passed
Medical: Passed
Fitness: Passed
Intake: 22.07.09
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

The story behind this film is good, as for the film it's self I'm not going to waste cinema money on it, I'm going to wait until it's a freebie from my local film shop.

I think Daniel Craig might let it down with a possibly 'James bond' look on it, wait and see.
adamb

Post by adamb »

Im downloading it, only 63% done and its downloading at 19kb/s so i have still a long wait :( Ill let you know if i get to watch it soon.
adamb

Post by adamb »

Update; Now have it, quality is DVD. Well pleased, will be watching it soon I'll let you know if its any good.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Cool let us know adam, i've heard storys it is a tad James bond ish lol
jaydub

Post by jaydub »

If memory serves, one of the programmes that Ray Mears does had an episode that examined the role of the Belarussian partisans in WWII. Obviously his take on it was predominantly looking at the survival techniques employed by the fighters - he even managed to get some of the surviving members to meet up by the forest at the end of the programme. Quite an emotional gathering it was too.

I've no idea about the film, but I'd definitely recommend the Mears show, if you get the chance!