Share This Page:

"SAS: A Soldier's Story" & "McNab's Tour

Recommended Books you have read or great films you have watched.
tom163

Post by tom163 »

just_me wrote:
Kin good Job I left before they added all the extras then Druadan.

Intend scribing a book about life in the Corps. The funny side as well as the nasty side.

Case in point. Owd Paddy Granny in Londonderry once tried to knick me SLR which was strapped to my right wrist with my rifle sling during a Friday night riot....By the book I could have been in my rights to shoot the daft cow but opted for a less serious option. Shot her up the arse with a baton round.
Yup Tom163 they're alright for watching, even if McNab is a bit on the cheesy side. Today's one (Iranian Embassy) was a good watch, liked the bit about inducting the new Troop Commanders! I'll keep posting the new times for the programmes as I did with the last 3, even if only a few people notice it!
Nice one mate, so easy to forget about things lol.
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

I might add the programmes have been good so far, well good as in an interesting watch. I think that it's good things like this are done to try and make people more aware of what you guys did, do and are doing. There are plenty of ignorant people in this country if this can remove some of the ignorance from some people so they appreciate it more then its good.
just_me

Post by just_me »

Next ones are:

SAS: A Soldier's Story - Tue 1 July, ITV4 9:30-10:00pm
"Jungle missions, and the exploits of soldiers who fought Columbia's drug cartels"

Andy McNab's Tour of Duty - Tue 1 July, ITV4 10:00-11:00pm
"Man Down: Tributes to the bravery of servicemen who have taken immense personal risks to save lives in the field, including Simon Cupples of the Mercian Regiment, and US Marines who faced incoming fire while serving in Fallujah"

Note that yesterday's "Tour of Duty" (Look above, Tue 24 June) is also on Sunday 29 June, 10:00-11:00pm ITV4.
Enjoy.
just_me

Post by just_me »

Mistake on yestedays 'Tour of Duty' it was about IEDs and other explosive devices instead. Next ones are:

Andy McNab's Tour of Duty: Tue 7 July, 10:00-11:00pm, ITV4
See last post for description, they mixed them up so next weeks was yestedays and vice versa.

No SAS: Soldier's Story