Share This Page:

Hunting Chris Ryan?

Recommended Books you have read or great films you have watched.
misterpurple

Post by misterpurple »

Whoooooooosh!
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

AJtothemax wrote:Oh yeah, of course there was that, but if you learn to ignore the real bitty details, it's not a bad watch. Although, it said he only occasionally met up with film crews and filmed most of it using a mini camera but some parts were obviously shot by a film crew. Just not bad to watch I reckon, you just have to look past the touchy stuff. :lol:
What I found best about it was how he threw them off numerous times.

Still, the bloke is former SAS which means he was nails anyway.
1. Well of course they'd never think of being economical with the truth now would they :lol:

2. To be honest I don't believe that bit, unless they searched for the dumbest ex-SF blokes they could find I can't see how they would be so easily fooled.

I think the show was a great idea in principle but I don't think that any of it was genuine at all. I think the obligatory brush with death (The Siberia episode) & the booby trap being set off, Ryan giving them the slip with false trails whenever they got too close, the last minute rushes to escape etc... were scripted to ensure "watchability" especially as they new that most of the people watching would never really question what they were seeing.

But like I said, I'm a fussy and cynical bugger but hey someone has to be :roll: :lol:

As you can tell though, I still watched every episode so looks like the producers knew what they were doing! :oops:
?Who Shot Terry Taliban?

Post by ?Who Shot Terry Taliban? »

I think the word is Docufiction (often understood as docudrama) is a neologism which refers to a cinematographic work in a genre mixing fiction and documentary.

Or better known as Hunting Chris Ryan

Still a good watch tho for me anyway.