Share This Page:

Amir Khan program

Recommended Books you have read or great films you have watched.
Stokey_14

Amir Khan program

Post by Stokey_14 »

There's a program on at 11:05 tonight on channel 4 (I think :-? ) with Amir Khan putting some lads through a training regime or something like that, not sure what but might be worth a look.

Just thought I’d let u know :D

Sorry for being so vauge.

Stokey
_chris

Post by _chris »

channel4 wrote:23:05 Amir Khan's Angry Young Men

Amir Khan is a boxing sensation and a British Muslim role model. Now he faces his toughest fight yet as he tries to help six troubled young men whose violent and antisocial behaviour is spiraling out of control.
_chris

Post by _chris »

Watching the program now, not bad but repeats the same points far to often. And I don't know if any one knows this but Amir took part in something called the olympics? :-?
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

Scum being rewarded for being scum.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Watching the program now, not bad but repeats the same points far to often
They kept on saying the same line over and over! not a bad watch would like to see how it pans out. not going to win any awards mind!

Stokey
_chris

Post by _chris »

Brian- wrote:Scum being rewarded for being scum.
Yeah it does have that whole feel about it, these guys getting to take part in activities a lot here would love the chance to, watching football matches from executive bxes etc. not forgettign the fact they get to train with Amir, which is a prize in itself. It does wind me up, so many people work hard to avoid drugs, violence etc. and often end up struggling though shitty jobs, with such things as going to a football match in an exec box a distant dream, and yet theres all this sort of scheme who focus on those who didn't bother trying to change, and then give them rewards for it.

I agree with the training side though as a release, but would have liked to actualy see him setting up facilities for whole disadvantaged estates. Perhaps with rewards such as the footy match being saved for those who do avoid the drink and violence. I guess it makes for better TV this way, going round gathering up people who have avoided the rot and giving them rewards isn't likely to be a ratings winner, neither is starting a gym for a whole district.