Share This Page:

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Recommended Books you have read or great films you have watched.
JCAP3

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Post by JCAP3 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XttV2C6B8pU - the full documentary

Brits expose warming con - contracostatimes.com
BRITAIN'S CHANNEL 4 has produced a devastating documentary titled "The Great Global Warming Swindle." It has not been broadcast by any U.S. networks. But fortunately it is available on the Internet.

Distinguished scientists specializing in climate and climate-related fields talk in plain English and present readily understood graphs showing what a crock the global warming hysteria is.

These include scientists from MIT and top-tier universities in a number of countries. Some of these are scientists whose names were paraded on some of the global warming publications that are being promoted in the media -- but who state plainly that they neither wrote nor approved them. One threatened to sue unless his name was removed.

Although the public has been led to believe that "all" the leading scientists buy the global warming hysteria and the political agenda that goes with it, in fact the official reports from the United Nations or the National Academy of Sciences are written by bureaucrats -- and then garnished with the names of leading scientists who were "consulted" but whose contrary conclusions have been ignored.

There is no question that the globe is warming but it has warmed and cooled before and is not as warm today as it was centuries ago, before there were any automobiles and before there was as much burning of fossil fuels as today.

None of today's dire predictions happened then.

The British documentary goes into some of the many factors that have caused the Earth to warm and cool for centuries, including changes in activities on the sun, 93 million miles away.

According to these climate scientists, human activities have little effect on the climate compared with many other factors, from volcanoes to clouds.

These climate scientists debunk the mathematical models that have been used to hype global warming hysteria, even though hard evidence stretching back over centuries contradicts these models.

What is even scarier than seeing how easily the public, the media and politicians have been manipulated and stampeded is discovering how much effort has been put into silencing scientists who dare to say that the emperor has no clothes.

Academics who jump on the bandwagon are far more likely to get big research grants than those who express doubts -- and research is the lifeblood of an academic career.

Environmental movements around the world are committed to global warming hysteria, and nowhere more so than on college and university campuses, where they can harass those who say otherwise. One of the scientists interviewed on the British documentary reported getting death threats.

Even conservative Republicans seem to have taken the view that if you can't lick 'em, join 'em. So have big corporations, which have joined the stampede.

This enables green crusaders to declare that "everybody" believes the global warming scenario, except for a scattered few "deniers" who are likened to Holocaust deniers.

The difference is that we have the hardest and most painful evidence that there was a Holocaust. But for the global warming scenario, we have only a movie made by a politician and mathematical models whose results change drastically when you change a few of the arbitrary variables.

No one denies that temperatures are a degree warmer than a century ago. What the scientists in this documentary deny is that you can mindlessly extrapolate that, or that we are headed for a climate catastrophe if we don't take drastic steps that could cause an economic one.

"Global warming" is just the latest hysterical crusade to which we seem to be increasingly susceptible.

Sowell is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
Last edited by JCAP3 on Thu 29 Mar, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15310][b]My PRMC Diary[/b][/url]
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

I watched it and was shocked by the lack of coverage it got in the media. It really did make it clear to see that everyone's been had. :roll:

If anyone's thinking about doing their bit to 'save the planet', watch this programme!!
Dangermouse

Post by Dangermouse »

This is only one side of the debate. Even evolution sitll has its critics.

(i'm not saying that global warming is or isn't happening, but lets be critical about the arguments).
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

Dangermouse wrote:This is only one side of the debate.
Yeah, the side that's almost completely covered up by the media.

The same media who constantly bombard us with predictions of our impending doom because some celebrity has, *shock horror*, gone somewhere on a plane! And the same media who show us pictures of cute little polar bears being mercilessly slain by our love of lightbulbs!

They're hardly going to give us the full picture when there's money to made off gullible folk who think Al Gore actually gives a crap...
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

Dangermouse wrote:This is only one side of the debate. Even evolution sitll has its critics.

(i'm not saying that global warming is or isn't happening, but lets be critical about the arguments).
Aye, but this is the first time i have ever heard this side of the argument. In my opinion this is much more realistic than man made global warming. It's as if the sun as been completely overlooked when its mass is 98% of the entire solar system.
[url=http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15310][b]My PRMC Diary[/b][/url]
Dangermouse

Post by Dangermouse »

yer I agree, global warming has been hyped up by the media and political parties looking to improve thier PR, but that does nto mean thier is not a human factor invovled - which thier probably is. The media's coverage has been poor and one sided - buts that the media for you, whose purpose is to make money by playing on public sensitivites (the reason why one day thier is a full coverage of Darfur, while the next day thier is no mention of it).

I don't think the argument is so simple as to "is thier a human factr or not" - they are two extreme ends of a spectrum (one end usually occupied by hardcore environmentalists, the other end by religiously inspired conservatives who don't give a shit becuase they think the world is due to end anyway). I think the question that needs answering is "what affect does the human factor have on global warming."

Global warming, in my own opinion, is a fact. But its a continuous thing. If you look at records, the world experiences peaks in temperate and then drops to an ice age over cycles of tens of thousands of years. The world temperate is rising, albeit gradually and naturally. I also believe that the human factor plays a part in global warming. But the idea that humans are completely responsible is a weak one. Humans add to a natural cycle.
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

Could be looked at a bit like arson: there's fuel for the fire but also accelerant.
We are the accelerant.
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

Frank S. wrote:Could be looked at a bit like arson: there's fuel for the fire but also accelerant.
We are the accelerant.
Yes but (apparently) by a very very small, insignificant amount.
Dangermouse

Post by Dangermouse »

JCAP3 wrote:
Frank S. wrote:Could be looked at a bit like arson: there's fuel for the fire but also accelerant.
We are the accelerant.
Yes but (apparently) by a very very small, insignificant amount.
I wouldn't say its insignificant, no matter how small. Research into renewable and clean energy is always a good thing.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

I See Al(Insanity Personified)Gore has been spouting his already discredited book and movie on Global Warming in the UK.
Look back through the history of this planet,ffs.
It's quite simply cyclic,No more ,No less.
This BS about carbon emmisions is just an excuse for further government taxation and mis-use of your hard earned $ :evil:
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

The Great Global Warming Swindle put paid to Gore's An Inconvieniant Truth (5 Stars, Empire Magazine, last year :o) Wholley, it showed that the information Gore presented had been misinterpreted, although I hadn't heard it'd been discredited already.

As for The Great Global Warming Swindle, I found it extremely interesting, and though I already felt humans weren't as responsible for global warming as some would like us to think, it was interesting to hear about the facts and behind the scenes activity in more depth.
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

Who would have thought that Gore would win an oscar for his propaganda :roll:
phenom

Post by phenom »

How do you know you haven't been duped by this documentary?

I did a bit of searching and the film-maker has been regarded as a douche bag, a biased-idiot and isn't well regarded. He could of easily fed us some bullshit like Mr.Gore.

I just personally believe it's just a multitude of small changes that is leading up to a big change, which we are only just realising right now. Just a combination of outside and inside influences.

I don't know how people can dismiss human contribution considering the population has gone from 1.7 billion to nearly 7 billion in as little as 100 hundred years.

I really don't give a shit to be honest. You get smashed on the head tomorrow by a meteorite. A virus could wipe out half the worlds population. Or you could simply be run over by a bus. I'll leave it to the scientists to fight it out. And I'll get busy living.
chak

Post by chak »

dont belvie in global warming, but doesnt meant that we shouldnt recycle/ be 'green'.

but when some f***** starts telling me what i can and cant drive it gets too much, and dont get me started about all this 'green' tax....whats so effing green about it?
ChrisBell

Post by ChrisBell »

I dont believe man made carbon emissions are half as bad that the media is making out and there are other much bigger factors that dont get a mention like the program described but also remember that the filmmaker has a political agenda to he has already been "told off" for making inaccurate programs. But this aside what the scientists were saying makes a hell off a lot more sense than us destroying the earth with are CO2 alone. Also like wholley said the earth has always gone through changes the climate is one of the most complex systems to understand and I cant believe people think its done by one thing alone (carbon.)

I just think a a great deal more money should be spent on alternative fuel (IE we can spend 9 billion on the Olympics can none of this be spared for extra research?) I know its more complicated than this but you get the idea.

Also were failing to miss something quite fundamental here the human race is simply massive now there's a hell of a lot more people crowding up the place and this is a problem whether people admit it or not so until we can live within are means there's always going to be something up.

Just the other night i watched a program on people wanting to mine minerals on the moon. So we cant figure out how to live on our own planet we want to start industry on a moon, ridiculous.