Share This Page:

what should I join

Require help and assistance, please ask?
baxterboy69

what should I join

Post by baxterboy69 »

Hi I'm wondering what i should join, I'm currently in the ATC and when I'm older i want to be in the military. Im wanting to join at 16 but my parents said they won't let me because they want me to get my A levels. I want to be the best and I'm debating on the PARAS, Royal Marines or RAF Regiment but I'm not sure on the RAF Reg because I want to be offences not on defence. Also I heard that the Royal Navy and RAF are a lot better and help you settle back in to civvy life than the army, is this true?[/size]
Tab

Re: what should I join

Post by Tab »

Joining a unit like the Marines or Paras is more of life choice and not one you can take lightly if you want to pass their grueling physical. If you are given good advice then try listening to it and work out why they are telling you this. If you fail in the forces then you will need your A levels for civiy street and with out them you will just be a bum
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Would definitely recommend getting A Levels before joining up, not just for academic qualifications but the 2 years extra life experience and maturity, both physical and emotional. It makes a difference, honestly.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Beachley Boy

Post by Beachley Boy »

I was an Army Apprentice 63-66 at Chepstow. Can you stlll join as a boy soldier? :drinking:
ofens

Post by ofens »

Don't let your parents tell you what to do.
I agree with hyperlithe about the a levels though - but only if you really want to do them. Which subjects are you interested in?

Paras and Marines are great choices if you want to be the best :)
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]