Share This Page:

Military medic possibilities

Require help and assistance, please ask?
Statistic

Military medic possibilities

Post by Statistic »

Hi folks, it's been years since I've posted on here...

I'm a former TA infanteer (L/Cpl) with one tour of Helmond completed in 2008. As a civvie with strong interest in an emergency medical role I'm looking at getting back into the regular forces in a medical capacity. Options on civvie street for advanced medical training are slim at best - in most cases you're looking at typically 800 applicants for a 20 place student paramedic course at university... experience and qualifications alone won't cut it, it's luck.

The military is familiar to me and I know I can gain a lot from it, I aced my team medic course before deployment and loved working with the CMTs. However, despite extensive trawling of forums and websites, talks with various folk, etc, I've come to very little in the way of an understanding of what the opportunities are for Military medics once employed.

The reason I haven’t been to an AFCO with this yet is because I don't know which service is the best to apply to. What I'm looking for is a role which provides the best route for advanced emergency medical training, working with other units, and finally that elusive HPC registered paramedic course... as yet any answers on whether there are possibilities to attain paramedic registration within the UK armed services have been inconclusive.

I'm approaching 27, and I wanna make a call on this soon. Can anybody shed any light on the contemporary military medical world, and which service might provide the best possibilities for an extensive and varied emergency medical career? And if there are indeed, any opportunities for Paramedic training?

Cheerz,
Jason.
Amphibian

Re: Military medic possibilities

Post by Amphibian »

Hello Jason,

I would love to be able to help, however I have very little knowledge in that area of work. With any luck someone will see your post today, and give you the information you require.

Best of luck.

Amphibian.
"Chin up, crack on"
Tab

Re: Military medic possibilities

Post by Tab »

Bear in mind all the cut backs that are going which could delay any application made