Share This Page:

Post your training Programme . . .

Require help and assistance, please ask?
just_me

Post your training Programme . . .

Post by just_me »

I thought I would start a thread where everyone (Army, Navy, RAF or Otherwise) could post their weekly training programmes so everyone else could see what other people are doing and perhaps adopt better programmes.
I'll start:

Sat: 3 Mile run
Sun: 3 Mile run
Mon: 3 Mile run
Tue: 3 Mile run
Wed: REST
Thur: PFT with ACIO (1.5m, 2 Mins Press-ups and Sit-ups)
Fri: REST

Also for weight training I will do these reps on a bench (with barbell) with light weight: 20,19,18,17,16 etc . . . every other day.
Press-ups, sit-ups, chin-ups and other bodyweight excercises are done most days whenever convinient.

Okay, hopefully I've got the ball rolling, post yours below if you have time and want to share.
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Heres myne, training for Mercian Reg-

Sunday- 4/5 mile run

Monday- Pressups, Situps, Dorsal Raise, Squats, Lunge 12.5kg, Bycep Curls 12.5kg, Pullups/chin ups and some time on resistance trainer.

Tuesday-Rest

Wednesday- Rest

Thursday- 4/5 mile run

Friday- Pressups, Situps, Dorsal Raise, Squats, Lunge 12.5kg, Bycep Curls 12.5kg, Pullups/chin ups and some time on resistance trainer.

Saturday- 4/5 mile run or bike ride.
Tab

Post by Tab »

I like to lay in bed and think about it all.
just_me

Post by just_me »

Tom I am guessing Monday & Friday take part in a gym?
Tab: I do that too, but only on Wednesdays and Fridays! :D
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

You guys make my training look bad. At the moment I've been slacking but I'll put down what I do when training hard...

Monday - 1.5mile, 1 hour 30 MMA training in the evening
Tuesday - fartleck training (30 seconds sprint 30 seconds jog for 5 mins)
Wednesday - Break
Thursday - MMA training
Friday - Gym - Just do a breif work out on all upperbody muscles
Sat or Sun - Do my long run (always above 5 miles)
just_me

Post by just_me »

Eagle Eyes for Fartlek do you mean the whole Fartlek run only takes you five minutes?
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

just_me wrote:Eagle Eyes for Fartlek do you mean the whole Fartlek run only takes you five minutes?
Yeah. Only 5 mins. Why you think I should train it for longer? but you see I've seen people running Fartlek and they never actually sprint, just kinda up the pace a little, whereas I sprint full speed for 30 seconds...
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Rough out line of mine would be…

Monday

Am
road work (various distances speeds)

Pm
boxing ( shadow boxing bag work ,pads, sparing, circuit/conditioning)

Tuesday

Am
Core work

PM
max strength work out

Wednesday

Am
GPP work out

Pm
boxing

Thursday

Am
road work

Pm
explosive strength

Friday

Am
road work

Pm
boxing

Saturday

Am
max strength

PM
core work

Sunday

GPP work

And mini workouts for forearms and neck where I can (before bed, after main work outs)

few hours collage sport ( not very tough) which seem to work as a recovery session most of the time.

I also swap road work for a warrior challenge from time to time (see www.rosstraining.com)

this will change when I get closer to join the marines but for now its all boxing orientated and working very well so far :D

I know there are no rest days ( shock horror) but I’ll listen to my body and reduce intensity or take a rest if needs be plenty of food and sleep seem to be helping me recover just fine.

Stokey
just_me

Post by just_me »

EagleEyes - I don't know whether you should do more or not as I'm not really an expert on these things. I was just suprised because 5 mins isn't a very long time - but if your getting results than alls good I expect.

Stokey that seems like quite a . . . intense workout. I take it road work is road running but what is 'explosive strength', 'GPP work'?

And what does your core work consist of?

Thanks.
J_M
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

just_me wrote:EagleEyes - I don't know whether you should do more or not as I'm not really an expert on these things. I was just suprised because 5 mins isn't a very long time - but if your getting results than alls good I expect.

Stokey that seems like quite a . . . intense workout. I take it road work is road running but what is 'explosive strength', 'GPP work'?

And what does your core work consist of?

Thanks.
J_M
It is fairly packed (I'm a student and have way to much time on my hands :P) but it’s what I enjoy doing, even with all this its quite easy to still have a good social life.

GPP stands for General Physical Preparedness and basically means your level of fitness. I might do a circuit (these are often less intense and work on you’re base level of fitness) with 4 simple exercises 30 seconds on each... go for ten minuets

They help me recover from lactic acid build up and make you much fitter over time.

Explosive strength is a type of strength which relies on generating fast burst of strength, it can be done with body weight (jump squats, clap press ups etc) or by doing weighted exercises and trying to fire thought the movement focusing on bar speed rather then reps ort weight.

As for core work I've copy and pasted this from a old post of mine....

on the topic of core strength I've found that working the core as a 'unit' is much better than just working the abs... there are countless exercises which I like to swap and change, some for endurance some for strength.

There are to many to list but some that I don't think have been mentioned are...

Planks http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MHQmRINu4jU

Side Planks http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cUGifXahE ... re=related
dorsal raises

side crunches

Ab wheel roll outs (need a ab wheel/barbell with weight on for this)

good mornings (Barbell or sandbag)
http://www.bullz-eye.com/furci/2004/exe ... orning.htm

dead lifts (barbell)

dead lift with a twist ( Heavy dumbbell)

chinnes (crunches where you bring you're elbow to the opposite knee)

L-sits (very tough!) sit legs in front of you and raise you're self using you're hands keeping the legs and core straight

flags http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/35/

as an addition you can do vacuum's as well http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm

The core is a funny one I find... I work it a lot more frequently than other body parts and find this suits me... it also gets worked using some heavy compound lifts, sandbag conditioning and we also do drills at boxing where by people slam medical balls on too you're abs or hit you with 16 Oz gloves while you stand with you're stomach tensed to get use to and toughen up the core.

After a few years of using all these exercises (Not at all once! ) normal sit ups become a breeze... doubt I've done sit ups of my own accord for months now but last time I did a two min test I got just over a hundred (can't remember the exact amount) so it goes to show what has been said in the above posts are correct.

The best investment I ever made training wise was buying all the off the books sold at www.rosstraining.com Never gymless, infinate intensity and the DVD (with manual) of full throttle conditioning.

not saying they are far from essential, but he is one of the few writers I find to be 100% B/S free and after using his methods for a year or more now I have really progressed as an athlete.

All the best folks

Stokey

P.S. sorry for babbling again :P
tom163

Post by tom163 »

just_me wrote:Tom I am guessing Monday & Friday take part in a gym?
Tab: I do that too, but only on Wednesdays and Fridays! :D
No mate all done in my room and garage were I have a resistance trainer lol. Should go to a Gym really as they have some decent machines. I also have punch bag in there aswel which I do a few rounds on.
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

EagleEyes wrote:
just_me wrote:Eagle Eyes for Fartlek do you mean the whole Fartlek run only takes you five minutes?
Yeah. Only 5 mins. Why you think I should train it for longer? but you see I've seen people running Fartlek and they never actually sprint, just kinda up the pace a little, whereas I sprint full speed for 30 seconds...

Def not long enough should be for around 45 mins
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
just_me

Post by just_me »

Thanks for that Stokey I will def incorperate some of the core excercises you have mentioned.
I take it the excercises you would do in GPP would be the easier ones like press-ups sit-ups etc.

Tom, I don't go a gym neither (I used to but all the waiting around and TVs distracted me, plus it costs quite a bit) and like you everything is done in room, garage or local park.
Besides, my gym is just full of show-offs or lazy people who will just do one set of whatever and then just sit around talking crap :roll:
Mike90

Post by Mike90 »

Getting back into training after a few months out waiting for my toes to heal. Was told no impact at all and not to even swim because of risking infection of open wound... :roll: Anyway started at the gym to ease myself back into training but getting back into it more now:
Monday: Run, Bodyweight exercises (pressups etc.)
Tuesday: Gym (bikes, crosstrainer, resistance weights, rower)
Wednesday: Swim, interval training.
Thursday: Gym
Friday: Run, bodyweight exercises
Saturday: Bike ride or gym
Sunday: Rest
When doing cardio I keep my heart rate between 160-180 after a couple of minutes slower to warm myself up, assuming the machines and my HRM are accurate. Comments/ advice? Looking to get in ASAP so any tips for quick gains without risking totally farking myself up?
tom163

Post by tom163 »

just_me wrote: Tom, I don't go a gym neither (I used to but all the waiting around and TVs distracted me, plus it costs quite a bit) and like you everything is done in room, garage or local park.
Besides, my gym is just full of show-offs or lazy people who will just do one set of whatever and then just sit around talking crap :roll:
Yeah same mate, most gyms round here are like that aswel full of roid heads and idiots who must do more damage than good lol. The last time I went they were showing SAS: Are you tough enough and got about 10 mins of work done :lol: waste of money and time. We are doing fine at home anyway by the looks of it :D.