Share This Page:

100 push ups... again.

Require help and assistance, please ask?
haplo

100 push ups... again.

Post by haplo »

Dose any one remember that site about doing 100 push ups befor breaky?I found out where it had moved and thought that it might be useful to people.
http://hundredpushups.com/index.html
Col

Post by Col »

Thanks mate. I have been looking for that for a while now.

Col.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

is this actually good I was reading it and it sounds like it is but anyone who has completed it / is doing it what’s it like ? Does it work? Can you actually do 100 consecutive push-ups on completion?

Personally i can only do around 30 press ups right now if this could get me to 100 in only 6 weeks it would be a good for advancing my training.

Also i had a thought, do you think this could be converted for sit-ups? I mean follow the program as it is stated but replace all the push ups with sit ups and see if it helps get you to the same level?
just_me

Post by just_me »

Um honestly - no. It stops at 70 push ups and it would take more like 18 weeks than 6 if not more - each 'week' has three levels so I was more moving up levels rather than weeks. I gave up after a month and a bit because although there was progress, it was slight (for me anyway). It does make you tired as fcuk though but I personally have better results doing max pressups first thing in the morning, last thing at night.

Sit-ups wise I really don't know, sit-ups tend to be much easier than pushups so what I do is just do a timed 2 mins of situps and if not maxed out, continue until maxed. This is only my opinion mind, it may well have worked for others.
Artist

Post by Artist »

What is it about questions ref Push ups, Pull Ups and Press Ups with you buggers then?

Once your wearing the uniform regardless of whatever part of the armed forces your join then stuff like this will become a part of your life!

"Not quick enough to do this or that?" Give me 20!

"Late on parade?" Give me 60!

The search button people.....use it! :evil:

Far to much is asked about stuff that has been spoken about in tons of detail over the years on this website. SEARCH and you will find out the meaning of.............STUFF!

Artist
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Forgive me artist but my question was specific to how well this technique works if that has been answered already in another thread please point it out to me and I apologise most humble for not doing a search before posting.

BUT I didn’t think anyone would have posed about this exact technique in another thread.
mc1703

Post by mc1703 »

I've had a look at this and I don't overly rate it.

The original 100 push up plan I read a few years back was from a martial arts website. I don't have the link anymore so i will post the text below for your viewing pleasure...

ps xiphoid process = breast bone

"From past experience with martial arts one way to increase the amount of push-ups you can do is by doing partials while alternating with different types of push-ups. This routine assumes that you are able to do 30 complete push-ups with out resting. By partials I mean restricting the range of motion to just under 1/2 of a complete rep. Always touch the floor with your chest (when possible) and come up almost half-way then back down. A sample routine would look like this:

* Week 1 & 2: Every other day
o POSITION #1
Triangle push-ups (you should touch your thumbs to your xiphoid process (lightly!) when trying to touch your chest to the ground)
+ 5 partials
+ 5 complete
+ 7 partials
+ 7 complete
+ rest 90 seconds
o POSITION #2
Move hands to shoulder length apart (the tips of your fingers should be aligned with the tops of your sholders)
+ 5 partials
+ 5 complete
+ 7 partials
+ 7 complete
+ rest 90 seconds
o POSITION #3
Move your hands out until, during mid rep, your upper arms will be perpendicular to your forearms. The hands should remain in the same position relative to the shoulders (ie move them "out" in a straight line)
+ 5 partials
+ 5 complete
+ 7 partials
+ 7 complete
* Week 3: 2 days on, 1 off; 2 on, 1 off; 1 on
o POSITION #1
+ Until failure
* Week 4 & 5: 1 on, 2 off; 2 on, 1 off; 1 on, 2 off; 1 on, 2 off; 1 on, 1 off
o POSITION #1
+ 7 partials
+ 7 complete
+ 12 partials
+ 12 complete
+ rest 120 seconds
o POSITION #2
+ 7 partials
+ 7 complete
+ 12 partials
+ 12 complete
+ rest 120 seconds
o POSITION #3
+ 7 partials
+ 7 complete
+ 12 partials
+ 12 complete
* Week 6: 2 on, 1 off; 2 on, 1 off; 1 on
o POSITION #1
+ Until failure
+ rest 240 seconds
o POSITION #2
+ Until failure
* Week 7 & 8: 1 off, 1 on; 2 off, 1 on; 1 off, 1 on; 2 off, 2 on; 1 off, 1 on; 1 off
o POSITION #1
+ 15 partials
+ 15 complete
+ rest 90 seconds
+ 40 complete
+ rest 240 seconds
o POSITION #2
+ 15 partials
+ 15 complete
+ rest 90 seconds
+ 40 complete
+ rest 240 seconds
o POSITION #3
+ 15 partials
+ 15 complete
+ rest 90 seconds
+ 40 complete
+ rest 240 seconds
* Week 9: 2 on, 1 off; 2 on, 1 off; 1 on
o POSITION #1
+ Until failure
+ rest 240 seconds
o POSITION #2
+ Until failure
+ rest 240 seconds
o POSITION #3
+ Until failure
+ rest 240 seconds
* Week 10: 1 off, 1 on; 2 off, 1 on; 1 off, 1 on
o POSITION #2
+ 100 complete
* Maintenance: Twice a week
o POSITION #2
+ 100 complete"
mm1306

Post by mm1306 »

Come to depot and you may find yourself doing 200+ pressups in one sitting!!
Remember the more unclean your rifle, the fitter you will become, but also that there is always a way to find a weapon unclean!!
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Hi Butcher,

on the 100 press-ups webpage there is a link to a site called 200 sit-ups.

Heres the link http://www.twohundredsitups.com

The programme seems to have been created by the same person and works pretty much the same way, with six weeks and the aim to achieve 200 situps by the end off it.

Also im planning to attempt the 100 press-ups programme, i would like to attempt the sit-ups one aswell. Is it fine to do both programmes at the same time.

For e.g. when i have rest days from press-ups, i can use that to do sit ups? Or would it best to complete one programme first before starting the other?

Thanks
ofens

Post by ofens »

Glenn, they're working different muscle groups so you should be fine to do that.
You'll do all that and more every day in basic training! :P

ofens
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Thanks Ofen, will start this on Monday. Ill post back half way through and at the end to let you know how its going and if i think its worthwhile.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Hi again,

was just wondering if anyone here uses or has used press-up bars. Would you, or wouldnt you recomend using them? What benefits/ disadvantages do they have?

Its just there available for £2 near me at half price.

Thanks.
Mike90

Post by Mike90 »

I have some but only because they came as part of a package, used them a couple of times but at the end of the day I won't be using them on PRMC etc. so I stick to doing them without.
That said you can't go wrong for £2 and they can help mix things up a bit even if you hardly ever use them, when I use them they seem to work my chest a lot more than doing them without probably because you are going lower.
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

Blimey, all this talk of press-ups and i do 90 every morning not thinking about it... :roll:
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Beast, im sure you had to work up to doing 90 a day without thinking about it.