Share This Page:

Health enquiry about joining the Royal Marines

Require help and assistance, please ask?
Chris5482

Health enquiry about joining the Royal Marines

Post by Chris5482 »

Dear Sir/Madam

Please help, I’m considering applying for the Royal Marines later this year, and have a medical query which I’m hoping you will be able to answer.

When I was 17 years old I injured my back playing rugby, I went to the hospital for a check up and had to have an MRI scan just to check nothing serious had happened. The results came back and I got told that there was nothing wrong apart from minor disk degeneration.

I have had no problem whatsoever with my back since then, and as far as I’m concerned it’s 100%.

Just recently I went to see my doctor about my chances of joining the forces as I know how strict the medical can be and he said there would be no problem at all as minor disk degeneration is present in all active and fit teenagers as it is just wear and tear from playing sports.

I am currently 23 now and have been playing rugby for the last 4 years with no problem at all, but am concerned that the fact this information is on my medical notes will stop me getting through.

Thank you for your time,

Regards,
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

Even people who have never injured their backs will have "minor disc degeneration" on an MRI so I wouldn't worry too much that anyone will read too much into it so long as you don't have any problems with the back.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Ruth, nice to see you back amongst the fold...Is this a social visit or a more permanent one?

Take care
Aye
Mike

Chris5482...My apologies for hijacking your Topic
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

Hi Mike,

I'm just naturally quiet and retiring! Well, if you can be that working in Poole A&E.
I'm up to my eyes in preparing for an exam at the moment, but I keep an eye on what's happening on a regular basis. I've got a bit pissed off with the RAF, but if I pass the exam, a bit of work on board ship sounds pleasant and the cruise ships are hiring. Why work in a concrete block when you can work in the Carribbean? I'll wait until the hurricaine season is over, though.....
gash-hand

Post by gash-hand »

At least if you join up with a knackered back it'll save you the trouble of getting one while your in.
Nuisance