Share This Page:

supportive or stupid?

Discussions and general chat about PTSD. Feel free to introduce yourself or if you need help, please reach out and ask.
mardy_cow!!

supportive or stupid?

Post by mardy_cow!! »

Hi, a while since i posted about my husband having PTSD,(nov) still in the system awaiting therapy although his been on meds for a week so hopefully they will help out soon. just wondered if somedays any one else out there feels like this over the journey? some days are great, you can get on with life the best you know how and feel supportive of all the problems that go with PTSD, you read more that helps you understand WHY they behave that way, but other days - well, like today ( most of the week actually!) you feel more like your being stupid and they are treating you like a doormat.The beer monster comes along and you think - yes, life seems bad but your using it as an excuse to behave selfishly, get drunk everyday, spend time with your mates.
sorry if this offends anyone - that isnt the intention- i'm just stuck on a day where yes, the truth hurts to say sometimes but there ,its said now.i know deep down he doesnt intend to behave that way to me or the kids, its the ptsd but by god that doesnt help one bit when your in the middle of all this sh*t.
well, i've got that off my chest now so at least i wont be tempted to say it to him and make things ten times worse later on. Thanks for anyone who took the time to read my ramblings - and rest assured, its only 11.50am so i'm not pissed!! ( yet - at this rate that'll come later)
mardy x