Share This Page:

Salvage Pay

General chat about Military Finance, Pensions, etc.
Mike

Salvage Pay

Post by Mike »

Anyone ever get salvage pay?
1966 off Oman, large civvie type freighter in trouble and on Lee shore, HMS Tartar takes tow and holds vessel off coast til civvie tug takes over.
Some 18 months later, Stumpy O'Rourke gets an extra £20 in his pay packet and a chit explaining why, also a breakdown of the settlement form Skipper to OD, should have kept that bloody chit as I guess it would be of some intrest now, I have never heard of any others getting salvage?
Over to you?
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Singapore radio picked up a mayday from a freighter off Sabah, Borneo, in the cack and giving up. I was asked to drop my pax in Kota Kinabalu and fill up, before trying to find it. Boomed out to sea towards reported position and found it in a huge monsoon squall. The deck was littered with life jackets, the ships boats were all acock on their davits and she was beam on with a cargo of huge logs on deck and in the holds. The crew were by now on another freighter which just left the ship to it's own devices. By now I was low on go juice and could see the SW Phillipines so turned for home, that's when the skipper of an ocean going tug out of Manila asked for the Lat & Long and "PROMISED" divvys of the salvage. The lying Dutch Bastard. (2 morales, never trust a tug skipper and never board a ship unless the skipper and crew are British)
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente