Share This Page:

A.L.S.O pension

General chat about Military Finance, Pensions, etc.
Si Capon

A.L.S.O pension

Post by Si Capon »

Had mine withdrawn towards the end of last year. Now the tw*ts are saying I owe them money.

Anyone else had a similiar experience??
Once....................... Always...tup, three
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

I have been refused ALSO twice now! Did they say how your ALSO has been withdrawn?

I assume you are STILL on 40% disability.
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

What is ALSO, please?
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

Prez

It is an Allowance for Lower Standard of Occupation (ALSO), for example if you could not continue the trade you were trained up to be in the Armed Forces when your term of engagement had been completed. If you received a lower income than you were receiving AFTER discharge you COULD be entitled to ALSO, but you have to claim before you are 65.

If you claim and succeed prior to your 65th birthday then that payment is paid until time has expired on Earth! I might add that my test for vertigo by a former Army M.O. was to stand on one leg with your eyes shut and arms outstretched when I explained to the WPA/VA about this test I suggested you do not see too many people doing this for a living in the High Street of any town at any time. I wonder why I was refused ALSO? :o
Artist

Post by Artist »

They took mine 5 years ago. Teach me to be bloody honest with the money grabbing barstewards!

My last medical was a farce. This Wizened old Doc gives me two carboard toilet tubes, one for each hand, and orders me to stand up from the seated postion. I couldnt do it and he lost his temper. So did I! :evil:

Turned out he thought I was ("HIS WORDS") "Another sponging neer do well trying it on" The old sod was most likely the last British Army Doctor to remember the Boar War!

When I informed the sad old bugger that I was EX Royal and was there for assesment ref my war pension and not "A sponging neer do well trying it on" he became a different person. Still disliked the sad old git mind. But pension was increased by 5% to the heady level of 45%.

Artist