Share This Page:

Please help my family

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
dagnanjustice

Please help my family

Post by dagnanjustice »

Hi,

My brother Lee Dagnan served with the Royal Marines for 6 years. When our dad died he left the Marines. He then began working for a maritime company who only employ former RM's as a maritime security guard against piracy. He contracted Malaria whilst on board a ship and was left without medical treatment for a week. They had no form of medical equipment or screening for malaria and when they finally decided to take action and get him to hospital it was to late. He was in organ failure and died the following day, 17th March 2012. Please pass on this petition and help us get as many signatures as possible. We want to the government to regulate the Maritime industry so that any former Royal Marines (and other military and civilians) working for them have protection against things like Malaria. They have fought for our country yet they are left with little (often no) medical care whilst protecting these ships. Without your help we can not make a difference. Please help us. Lee was 26 and due to be married in July. This cannot be allowed to happen to any other family.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/43309

Thank you for your support.
Georgia Dagnan