Share This Page:

Return of the 'Old and Bold'

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
Rover

Re: Return of the 'Old and Bold'

Post by Rover »

Tend to look-in on occasion and have noticed a growing trend of people wanting to advertise I'M A SCAMMER SPAMMER!!! and the like! I know of another ‘military’ site where this has happened and the moderators have removed the free advert and blocked the IP of those concerned. Perhaps this may also happen here?

Have been pointed towards Face book on a number of times, unfortunately mainly when various ‘walts’ have been performing. Prefer the post on OAMAAM and Rum Ration where ‘walts’ tend not to go, if they wish to continue their charade.

One of the main things about this site has been the input by various members in helping those looking to join the services. This has also been helped by the banter between members of all services. At one time the bulk of contributions coming from the RM threads, no need why this cannot be revived.
There are still passed members who look in from time to time, it just needs them to start by the odd post to get the interest back.

There is a wealth of knowledge right across the services to be found within the members of this site and as such offers a wider spectrum of information to those looking at the services in general. Not a resource to be overlooked..

Good to see old faces around and hopefully they will also attract younger and newer members both serving and looking.

Rover
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
sneaky beaky

Post by sneaky beaky »

Hi Rover,

Not the young guys you were hoping for but nice to hear from you anyway!! I am, as you well know, of the Old and Bold variety.

I haven't been on this site for a long time but I now feel inclined to look in more often, especially after that ludicrous photograph of the "Walt" at the site of the killing of that young squaddie in London.

Hope you are well Rover. Give us a ring and we can do a bit of reminiscing! Even the wife says hello!!

Yours,

Sneaky Beaky

PS Any more of the old "Old and Bold" still lurking out there? What about Sticks; Bootneck: and the guys who attended the Nantwich Re-union? Where are you?
Former RM of 23 years.
Tab

Post by Tab »

There are always people looking for ways to plug their products...Another site I work on has had to be closed after we had a thousand spammer descend on it.
JR

Post by JR »

Hell!,It's great to see some of the ancient ones? poking their heads above the parapet, allthough I cant keep up with the youngsters I am still military minded,well I would say bootneck minded sometimes the top drawer of the mind gets stuck due to old age,I go back to the forums check the dits have a good laugh sends me back in time to think of good oppo's good times and a time when we didn't give a dam.
It would give some me some satisfaction to see some of our idiot politicians spend some time amongst the headstones of the various regiments which have now been consigned to history. thank you gentlemen for the interest, I will be back with tales of outrageous happenings.Aye JR :snipersmile:
Who needs the World as your Oyster,When you've had the world as your cap Badge
Murphy

Post by Murphy »

Here I am, back again, almost 5 years later. Getting even quieter now, I guess Facebook has much to answer for. However, I'll admit I do spend more time on Once A Marine.....

Take care all.... 8) 8)
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

Hope all is wellwith yourself Murphy.
Social media has killed alot of forums off to a degree or they ar ejust quiet in general.
Times change, yet im tyring too. ;)