Share This Page:

James Savile and the"Seven"

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
Wholley

James Savile and the"Seven"

Post by Wholley »

Both of the above are being discussed elsewhere but I figured I'd bring the topic's to the attention of members here.
Sir James Savile OBE was considered a friend of the Royal Marines and had a green lid.Now it appears he was a habitual kiddie fiddler who took advantage of his position to abuse young females.
I see the BBC has apologised for his behaviour around thirty years too late.
An obvious cover-up has now come to light with Esther Rantzen et al lining up to expose his erm,predeliction.
As to the seven Royal Marines arrested over the death of an insurgent last year it appears at first glance that someone left something on their hard drive that should have been deleted.
I know almost no members of the Corp post here any longer but hopefully this will rattle some cages.
Ste Preece

Re: James Savile and the"Seven"

Post by Ste Preece »

Wholley wrote:Both of the above are being discussed elsewhere but I figured I'd bring the topic's to the attention of members here.
Sir James Savile OBE was considered a friend of the Royal Marines and had a green lid.Now it appears he was a habitual kiddie fiddler who took advantage of his position to abuse young females.
I see the BBC has apologised for his behaviour around thirty years too late.
An obvious cover-up has now come to light with Esther Rantzen et al lining up to expose his erm,predeliction.
As to the seven Royal Marines arrested over the death of an insurgent last year it appears at first glance that someone left something on their hard drive that should have been deleted.
I know almost no members of the Corp post here any longer but hopefully this will rattle some cages.
War is a dirty game. We all know that. Its okay to go into a war zone, be shot at, killed or captured and beheaded. Its okay to be the victim of a landmine. But when its you doing your job, on behalf of your country and fighting against this and worse, you stand the risk of being labelled a murdering bastard. Where is the logic in that. Those famouse words ring in my ears. "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, because tough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." And now those tough men have to contend with "our " squeeky clean system. Absolutely ridiculous...................................................................

As for the video footage. Bad Admin. No doubt about that.

SP
Steven Preece
Author of:
Amongst The Marines
Always A Marine
Wasted Resource
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Ste Preece wrote: As for the video footage. Bad Admin. No doubt about that.
Yerse,quite.
Seems to be 42Cdo.who are in the frame.
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

A really difficult topic. We all remember stories of WWII when prisoners were 'executed' (shot) by the Waffen SS/Wehrmacht. In this case we don't know the details. It will all come out in the wash but we can't have one rule for the SS and another for us.
weetam

Post by weetam »

form what i understand about it, the OC of the patrol was having a Chinese parliament about whether treating the insurgent would have compromised the patrols safety should they come under fire again. From intel received, i don't believe they were ever debating whether to give him aid or not, only whether it would risk their own safety. cant really blame them for that in all honesty given the chances of another contact.

I have been actively blogging about this over the last few days so am loathe to repeat myself again, but if your interested, the blogs can be found at voiceinthecrowd.org or on these individual links (in chronological order for easier reading) :

http://voiceinthecrowd.org/2012/10/01/n ... ers-lives/
http://voiceinthecrowd.org/2012/10/12/n ... r-charges/
http://voiceinthecrowd.org/2012/10/17/f ... ut-charge/
http://voiceinthecrowd.org/2012/10/18/i ... -evidence/
http://voiceinthecrowd.org/2012/10/19/a ... ed-farces/
Tab

Post by Tab »

If I remember rightly his brother was a Royal Marine
exbootneck

Post by exbootneck »

Tab wrote:If I remember rightly his brother was a Royal Marine
His brother was in the navy he had a relative who joined the Corps in the mid sixties. Some how he ended up at CTC and did bits of the Cdo course.

He was given an honorary Beret and if Prince Andrew can wear one without having passed the tests (he did do them) I saw no reason to get the hump over it as he did visit the Camp and join in on 9 mile speed marches.

Saw him running through Exmouth once with his shirt off and was told that often his runs would end up with him getting his end away as he would pull most times he went for a run....some incentive I guess.

It now seems his whole life was a lie.