Share This Page:

wow whats going on,

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
Wholley

Re: wow whats going on,

Post by Wholley »

I certainly remember you bud and it is real good to see some old(er) members posting again after the fiasco that a certain person tried to turn into a vendetta against the mods.
Trog,keep up the good work.You two as well JR and Owdun and a belated"Happy New Year"too all.
JR

Post by JR »

:multi: The 'old and bold' are emerging from hibernation! Greeting's my old oppo's,Hell at one time I thought I was on me way out ready to cross the great parade ground but it would appear that a couple of weeks in the care of the NHS is enough to make me pick up my bed and walk.
Ok lets get the ball rolling again.Aye jr

Strengh and Honour to all those that have served and to all those thinking of serving. :snipersmile:
Here's to us,and those like us,Damm few left.
Who needs the World as your Oyster,When you've had the world as your cap Badge
owdun

Post by owdun »

'Kinell Jim,what with you and the Pilgrim both trying to cross the bar,I feel positively young and fit.Well,I do sometimes,usually first thing a.m. After midday I gits tired and need a kip,and me knees ache after a couple of hours walking,but apart from that I reckon I'm a good advert for the results of hard training as a youngster.Dont know what happened to you two though,must be down to the booze and wimmin. :D :D :D

Aye Owdun.
JR

Post by JR »

:drinking: Heyup Frank,Booze and Wimmin,Booze and Wimmin,Didn't you once get caught in the long bar Union st,considering that some of us have spent money in all the low class dives in all the Country's East of Suez,Booze and Wimmin god bless em.
:sleeping: And as for the afternoon siesta,Hell next to Booze and Wimmin that was my favourite sport :oops: Aye jr
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

:D

Booze and women - huh - I know that you two are older gentlemen - but -

My memory is such that I can hardly remember booze and women - or what I ate y'day.

I'm in awesome good shape again really, full pace of thirty and Kings Squad rate of 108 to the
whatever it was again ....

Don't dodder, I stride out - but I have some fancy contrivences on my boots because of the deep ice - makes a change from the other deep stuff I always seemed to be in...

Nice to see you both back up in the thick of things -

Should I use capital letters - WOULD IT MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOU TO READ ?

JR - I'll bet you park your stick at the 'Left Luggage" window at St. Davids when you visit CTC.
I plan to be there on the Hallowed Ground in September - and I'll march - always have enjoyed a good male voice choir - and my oppos sing like angels, all of them

This is what family is all about - good to be here again
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
JR

Post by JR »

:lol: Trog! Old son,I shall be attending the annual gathering of the old and bold but I doubt very much whether I shall be marching the full pace of 30 inches is beyond my mobility at the Mo,and as for the walking aid it's just a gimmick so that the wimmin give me a kind word and a pat on the head,Oh and by the way I am booked in at the Dolphin hotel,anyway old Opps see you on the day of the reunion you owe me a goffer :drinking: Aye jr.

Once a :lilangel:
JR

Post by JR »

:lol: Did I ever tell you about the time when I was caught glimping at the WRNS doing drill on the main Parade,I was dragged from the room by the provost taken to the drill square and the drill sgt placed me in the middle of the WRNS squad :lol:
and ever since the scent of one of those lovely's sends me into cloud cukoo land.Aye a very noble former 3badge bootneck :wink:
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

JR wrote::lol: Did I ever tell you about the time when I was caught glimping at the WRNS doing drill on the main Parade,I was dragged from the room by the provost taken to the drill square and the drill sgt placed me in the middle of the WRNS squad :lol:
and ever since the scent of one of those lovely's sends me into cloud cukoo land.Aye a very noble former 3badge bootneck :wink:
Jim,was that Deal by any chance?
As for booze and women,I remember both......Just not at the same time :wink:
JR

Post by JR »

:D Wholley old son,How ya keeping,the photo was taken at the 'Barracks by the sea' Eastney Pompey,cheers old son keep the faith.Aye jr 8)

It's the navy that gets the gravy,and the Marines that gets the beans.
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

Enjoyed that - and yes, I owe you at least sippers,gulpers and sandy bottoms !

Have you been to Eastney lately ! We were there last in May 2006 for a Dress Rehearsal for our fiftieth Anniversary Reunion (which was held in October at CTC but we had a squaddie who came up from Oz to visit in May "before his fire went out" (C) hence a run through in May)... and he's still doing his bit down under - just goes to show what Suten can do !

The block is now a luxury flat affair.... Parade ground last used by me for the Freedom of the City - flags flying, bayonets fixed etc... there weere a couple of others there too

Looking forward to seeing you then - and this time I'll take along an anchor so that I can stay in one place - reserve a table too. I may well stay at the Dolphin if the Cloisters are full but
I enjoy St. Lukes for the nearness to Exeketer - will let you know nearer... ah, wait -
The Uni may not be available on the date ! Ok...

best 'aye you lot
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
JR

Post by JR »

:lol: Sunday! Hope you have all been to Sunday Morning devotions,bless you my children??,I am just going to have my morning devotion tot of 'Nelson's' hell it's a hard life being rum Bo'sun :drinking: .Aye jr former 3badge bootneck of this parish.
owdun

Post by owdun »

I was at Eastney for most of my UK time ,being of a technical bent,doncherno,but I lurked down in Dodge City,and avoided that there parade thingy like the plague.I had an aversion to DI's,especially small ones,as they usually made life difficult for those of us of a lofty disposition,if you get my drift.I assume that such antagonism, was born out of being looked down upon by most of the men on parade,which circumstance gave them a pain in the neck. :D :D :D
The Wrens would go by coach up to the various offices at the Fort area,and as they passed the scruffy horde waiting transport to the workshops,the cry of (FISH<FISH) would go up.Why this was I could never understand,as most of the Wrens that I loved,and sadly,left,were most delectable,and smelled divine.

Aye Owdun.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

I have some"Before and After"phots of Eastney Barracks somewhere.If anyones interested I'll dig them out and post them here.
JR

Post by JR »

:wink: Wholley me old oppo! any phots you have of the barracks by the sea would be very handy,I have been looking for RM Barracks Chatham phots.all the best Aye jr :-?
JR

Post by JR »

:D Can honestly say I never spent much time in Eastney barracks apart from the LC course,It was always a stepping off pier head jump to far flung outposts of what used to be the Empire.Mind you it was the worst place to undergo punishment for little misdemeanors 14 days confined to barracks was enough to keep clear of any future mistakes in Naval/Military misgivings,and a 4 hour watch on the infirmary gate opposite the swimming baths was enough to make sure not to catch that post again.Aye jr :wink: