Share This Page:

unarmed combat ?

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
Butcher

unarmed combat ?

Post by Butcher »

so i was just wondering does anyone know the name for the type of unarmed combat the marines do ?
Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

Yes.
It's simply called 'Close Quarter Combat'. Or it was when I was in.

It does not follow any particular Martial Arts style.

Recruits do not do very much of it either, a few lessons throughout training.
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

They teach you to kill with just one finger and take out a Taliban fighter at 600 meters with a lolly stick and camouflage marbles.
[url=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/806d_7.jpg][img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/th_806d_7.jpg[/img][/url]

"The Regiment has served in every major campaign dating back to 1674."

3 RRF
Anti-Tanks: MILAN
Army Colours for Judo.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Fusilier wrote:They teach you to kill with just one finger and take out a Taliban fighter at 600 meters with a lolly stick and camouflage marbles.
lol if that was true we would all be done in Iraq by now and the price of lolly sticks would be much higher.

cool was just wondering if it had any particular name because i saw on the time table thing i got from the AFCO that some Close Quarter Combat was in week 2.
Ste Preece

Post by Ste Preece »

Butcher: Unarmed Combat is very similar to Jujitsu. However, it is as stated: Close Quarter Combat, with no holds barred.

Cheers

Steve
Steven Preece
Author of:
Amongst The Marines
Always A Marine
Wasted Resource
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Butcher wrote:because i saw on the time table thing i got from the AFCO that some Close Quarter Combat was in week 2.
Just about sums it up. You're not going to become a black belt in anything in the CQC training you'll be getting.

You might qualify for a "Sky-blue-pink with a finny-annie border" belt.

Small arms at long distance or bayonets close up are the preferred method for the infantryman.
OWK

Post by OWK »

One of the problems with the 'system' taught in recruit training is that there is no follow up. There is nothing wrong with what is taught, but very few ever bother to persue it further.

Most other Military skills are taught then practised (weapons training, drill, PT, Fieldcraft etc) until the required level of proficiency is achieved.

Hence all RMs are expert shots, smarter than guardsman, fit as butchers' dogs and stalkers! But can't fight for toffee, unless naked and armed with roll mats!
ofens

Post by ofens »

can't fight for toffee, unless naked and armed with roll mats!
...or should that be fudge, if naked...?
The secret art of "Roll-Mat-do" ... almost as deadly as a YO with a map ...
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]