Share This Page:

Polishing Parade boots for Blues

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
kevin916

Polishing Parade boots for Blues

Post by kevin916 »

Im am in the RMR and just got my parade boots a couple of days ago. A few of the guys at my unit reckon I should be painting them as they need to be ready for armed forces day and with only a week they think I won't have enough time to get them polished properly.

How many hours am I looking at to get the glass shine on the boots using polish?

Any reponse will be appreciated.
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

Just spray them up mate, the shines practically the same but alot less hassle as it takes hours to layer them up and you'll probably get some nobber stand on your foot and scuff them.
timex

Post by timex »

Spit and polish will take ages and no matter how hard you try paint/varnish looks a lot better..

If you go for the Spit and polish method you will also need to give them a good polish first and then use a hot iron to smooth out any blemishes after that loads of spit an polish.

Carefull when you paint them as you want to make them look neat and tidy and leave no "obvious" harry black maskers lines where the tape has been..
hammerhead

Spit and polish

Post by hammerhead »

we used to use kleer floor polish just dont get caught in the wet
walksoflife

Post by walksoflife »

get some black gloss mate an maskers an paint it on. dont know how it works with rmr but do you not have an armourer to slip a couple of quid or an oppo to do it for you
''Aallll riiiiiiight''