Share This Page:

drafting to 40

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
maritime_marine

drafting to 40

Post by maritime_marine »

alright lads, im drafted up 45 on base company but want to try and get next herrick with 40. What sq could i ping myself for to get there?? Any help would be hoofing cheers.
RT 8th October
Second Place is the First Loser.
timex

Post by timex »

Mm why not try giving "Drafty" a bell as you may be able to get a swap draft, failing that try ringing the Asst Adj at 40 and he may be able to help you out.

One quick question, are you 18 yet? If not then that may be why your going to Base Coy for a while. Also seems strange for your first tour to be Base Coy.

DONT volunteer for an SQ unless you know what you are letting yourself in for. Stay GD for as long as possible or failing that (I don't believe I'm going to say this but...) go for the HW branch.
druadan

Post by druadan »

Fair few blokes fresh from training have ended up with Base Coy drafts over the last couple of years, simply because the unit's deployed/about to deploy as they join.

40 are out in the summer aren't they? Have you done Herrick already? If not you're really pushing it time-wise as they'll already be well into PDT. Get on the phone ASAP, I'm sure they'll be happy for extra blokes so long as 45 are happy to let you go. Are you due a draft anyhow? SQs won't help due to lack of time.
maritime_marine

No i havent, how can i get the draftys number? Im on loan to FPG at the moment so i can't go see anyone, behind the wire. Whats the return of service on say sigs?
RT 8th October
druadan

Post by druadan »

No return of service on sigs, but as I said you'll be lucky to get through the course and to 40 in time to catch enough of PDT to get out this summer. Drafty's number, try your UPO or Asst Adj, both of whom should also be able to help you with your draft, though obviously they'll have your own unit policy at heart rather than your interests. Where are you on loan from?
maritime_marine

45 Cdo, 10 of us on loan to FPG until July. Well UPO comes behind the wire during the week so i will try and get the draftys number from them. Anybody know when they will start their PDT?
RT 8th October
druadan

Post by druadan »

Assuming the tour dates are still more or less in sync with a couple of years back, they'll go out September-ish, so PDT probably starts now, although the mandatory bits probably not for another month or so...but that is all guess-work on the time-scales I've worked to in the past, best bet is to speak to someone down there in the know.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Sigs SQ, Two years return of service.

Rover
druadan

Post by druadan »

Don't think there is any more Rover, they're struggling to get lads on S3s so I *think* the ROS has been dropped; in fact you now get 2 pay increments for passing it as well.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Guys still getting 'pinged' for S3 courses, currently still being told it is a two year return of service.

Information two days old.

Rover

Update: Not 'pinged' for S3 course, only one year return of service.
Otherwse two years RoS.
druadan

Post by druadan »

Yep, all DSS pings require 2yrs ROS as far as I know, although then you get your choice of draft/SQ (apparently... :roll: ). I didn't know there was a ROS for volunteers, thanks for correcting me.
druadan

Post by druadan »

Having just re-read that, is DSS straight from training or is it all 'pings'? Confused meself now, not looked at new SQs for a while :wink:
Jimbob1664

Post by Jimbob1664 »

40 are going to Afghan next April, PDT starts in September, they are on OP Taurus in Brunei at the moment.
druadan

Post by druadan »

Well I'm mega up-to-date on Corps current affairs then aren't I? :o :roll: