Share This Page:

The death nell of an Old Friend

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

fodd wrote:
Thats my rant over im off to the beach to go skimboarding on a nice australian beach :wink: 8) :drinking: :drinking:
Not envious at all! :oops: :P

Stokey
fodd

Post by fodd »

Ha ha stockey i'll have fun just for you if its any consolation iv'e gotten used to the aussie heat end of today it rained i went outside to grab a beer from the fridge and was fekin freezing harry hakendoff lauged at me as it was 23 degrees lol!! iv'e not definately been in the heat too long again im feked when im back on woodbury common and dartmoor :lol: :lol:

god it's a hard life in Australia thinks i know were i'll be living after my time in the military and its not merseyside :D :D :D :D
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

At least your not in Victoria,It's been really warm there.
I can't believe arsonists started those fires.
fodd

Post by fodd »

aye mate tell me about it feel sorry for them poor sods!!!! had some mates iv'e been traveling with they drove through vic and said it was unreal the devistation we had a couple here near perth the old scouse sod took me down the local park to watch the helicopters come in to get water from the lakes etc it's unreal!
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

fodd wrote:aye mate tell me about it feel sorry for them poor sods!!!! had some mates iv'e been traveling with they drove through vic and said it was unreal the devistation we had a couple here near perth the old scouse sod took me down the local park to watch the helicopters come in to get water from the lakes etc it's unreal!
Sounds like a completely different world mate :lol: good to hear your not getting to down what with all those beaches, beer and women.

Watch out for them spiders mind :wink:

Stokey
Artist

Post by Artist »

I rarely post these days mainly because of for want of a better word, the Pillocks. who seem to love buggering up the site! They know who they are.............

At one stage I left Mil Forums well alone and asked Beast to remove me, which he did because I was so fed up with the Eeijuts and the sadsacks who, for want of a better word annoyed me. But was quite happy to offer advice and tell people with silly daft ideas to "shit in it!" ref such Moronic stuff such as as sorting out Shin Splints by running on concrete and suchlike as a mod over on the MFAT site?!?!

I was asked to rejoin Mil Forums by certain members who thought my input might be of use to Wannerbies. I did, I then became a Mod on that site as well. But due to sad useless nonenties a once smashing site was in my mind at least destroyed by a few Morons with sweet FA better to do than create hassle just for the sake of it.

We all have bad days but certain people who should know better seemed to spend all thier spare time on buggering up every thread with purile childish crap.

All I can say to them is "WELL DONE YOU FECKING MONGS!" a once great informative site is now in it's death throws all because of one or two useless "PRONGS!" :evil:

Artist
KiwiBen

Post by KiwiBen »

I'll now surface to throw two pennies at Artist and Doc (one each), and then get my head down again.

I drifted away from this site mainly due to temporary fading interest in things Military.
I would like to point out what this site has given me through my time on here. If it wasn't for this site I would never have met in person Artist, Doc (your a sad Welshman who laughs at dead Owls from Platform 9), Flighty, Jitts and Dalo.
The stories and Banter from the Old and Bold were fantastic for keeping me keen and enthusiastic whilst I attempted PRMC twice. I learned a lot over a pint of Hydes Black from Doc and Artist about life in the Corps and what to expect should I gain entry.
I asked bone questions and was a bit of a Walt, but after getting some corners knocked off via the keyboard I found that the old and bold were only too keen to assist, encorage and advise anybody with a genuine query about joining up (even the odd girlfriend who needed a cheer up as her boy was off in training and she was lonely). What happened to it!!
I really hope that the great aspects of this site can be retained for those who have served and wish to happily spin dits and chat to Oppos.
The bone crap thats being plastered about by one or two people repeatedly on the forums shouldn't be allowed to ruin it for you older bolder guys.

I hope this isn't the end of a great site, I'll be sad to see it go thats for sure.

Beast, you created a cracker of a site, it was a real help for me when I came from NZ to the UK, I had pretty much a dozen friendly people all willing to help me out with joining up even before I got off the plane and without meeting them! Some have turned out to be very long lasting friends indeed.

Pennies thrown, must head back to my cave.....

KiwiBen
give a man a bullet, he'll ask you for a gun.
Give a man a gun, he'll be giving away the bullets
HCR

Post by HCR »

I think some need to grow up and stop having a mardy every 2 minutes because some 13 year old asks what some think is a daft question. This is just a web site for f*ck sake. And a open one at that. If the powers that be don't like any tom dick and harry coming on here then turn it into an exclusive club for a chosen few.

I just cant believe there are some old and bold who chuck there teddies out the cot every 2 minutes and do a runner like some 9 year old running away from home because there Dad shouted at them. Grow up and get a life

I personally will never forgive Harry Hackedoff for abusing his power as a mod to edit what I had said in a discussion and write something completely different. Basically he pretended to be me on here and wrote stuff I never said.
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' 'Chuck him out, the brute!'
But it's 'Saviour of 'is country' when the guns begin to shoot; (Rudyard Kipling)
Artist

Post by Artist »

I've said it quite a few times over the years and it's this:

"Thank Feck I'm a Civvy!"

I've spoken to various lads regardless of their capbadge, mostly because of this website and it's been a pleasure to meet and talk to them truth be told.

In these days the forces are going though an entire plethora of neat shit as far as I can see which has no bearing on the stuff I did whilst serving. As in the fire fights and suchlike are continious and not a once in a blue moon session.

I'm now an Owd & Bold Bugger who might just bore the arse off a serving serviceman on Rememberance Sunday somewhere in the UK.....................................WORRY! It could be you know! :D

But come the end of the day Eeijuts gave me medals for stuff I did (sold them when the Ex was taken ill but what the heck hey? thats what you do is it not?)

Once a year I meet up with an Oppo at 1030hrs on the Sunday. He's a Former Para, I'm a Former Bootneck. Long story short, we take the piss out of each other.

Once the service is over we eat a bowl of soup and then drink this stuff called booze...........Long story short all us former servicemen RV and have a good bloody time! Beret Colour, Capbadge shape, goes out of the window. We all served and we all get on.

Artist
Last edited by Artist on Sat 14 Mar, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McGinnman

Post by McGinnman »

Artist wrote:I rarely post these days mainly because of for want of a better word, the Pillocks. who seem to love buggering up the site! They know who they are.............

destroyed by a few Morons with sweet FA better to do than create hassle just for the sake of it.
We all have bad days but certain people who should know better seemed to spend all thier spare time on buggering up every thread with purile childish crap.
All I can say to them is "WELL DONE YOU FECKING MONGS!" a once great informative site is now in it's death throws all because of one or two useless "PRONGS!" :evil:

Artist
So why don't you just go away?
why keep coming on here every few weeks ranting on and on for no reason, causing trouble?

"purile childish crap"??
There is no one on this forum more guilty of this than your bird flighty.
Don't know how you have the nerve to post that to be honest.

As you are so unhappy here, just leave, and take your walting moronic bird with you.
ofens

Post by ofens »

medals for stuff I did (sold them when the Ex was taken ill
Much respect. That must have been hard to do.
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
Artist

Post by Artist »

ofens wrote:
medals for stuff I did (sold them when the Ex was taken ill
Much respect. That must have been hard to do.
They are just lumps of metal and fabric in truth. At the time the then wife was my priority. As it is a few Oppos have offered to help me get them back but Naw!

I know what I did to earn them, thats enough.

Artist
Artist

Post by Artist »

McGinnman wrote:
So why don't you just go away?
why keep coming on here every few weeks ranting on and on for no reason, causing trouble?

"purile childish crap"??
There is no one on this forum more guilty of this than your bird flighty.
Don't know how you have the nerve to post that to be honest.

As you are so unhappy here, just leave, and take your walting moronic bird with you.
Why don't you grow up you sad person that you are.

Artist
McGinnman

Post by McGinnman »

HCR wrote:I think some need to grow up and stop having a mardy every 2 minutes because some 13 year old asks what some think is a daft question. This is just a web site for f*ck sake. And a open one at that. If the powers that be don't like any tom dick and harry coming on here then turn it into an exclusive club for a chosen few.

I just cant believe there are some old and bold who chuck there teddies out the cot every 2 minutes and do a runner like some 9 year old running away from home because there Dad shouted at them. Grow up and get a life

I personally will never forgive Harry Hackedoff for abusing his power as a mod to edit what I had said in a discussion and write something completely different. Basically he pretended to be me on here and wrote stuff I never said.
Spot on.
very good.
Hit the nail on the head fella.

I see the retreat is back. Repackaged under another name, but the same thing. i see all the good intentions for change didn't last long.
No surprises there then. sigh.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

McGinnman wrote: I see the retreat is back. Repackaged under another name, but the same thing. i see all the good intentions for change didn't last long.
No surprises there then. sigh.
How would you know the retreat is"back"You are a new member are you not?
Why not just own up to who you really are and stop playing adolescent games.
If you had not dropped the capital"I"I would begin to think you are RC again.
If you do not like the site and how it is run then stop logging-on.
It will not be the end of the world.