Share This Page:

Hello,This is intelligence speaking

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
Artist

Post by Artist »

Dixon of Dock Green. He was 74 when they binned the programme! All stemmed from the film "The Blue Light" (he died in the film, bloody good JC impersonisation courtesy of the BBC)

Ref: Rambling Sid. It was Rumpo. (removal of HBM, and a skeg at the Black shiney thing, the record for you young un's confirmed this)

Artist
sunman

Post by sunman »

Crikey Contractor it was indeed
Billy Bunter of Greyfriars School,
You don't have to report to Mr Quelch
now.Blimey Coker i'm off to the
Tuck Shop.....Yarooh.

Aye Sunman 8) .
I'm just 2 people short of a threesome.
Artist

Post by Artist »

Sunman

I bet you read the "Valiant" as I did! ("maggot" Malone, Captain Hurricane)

Artist
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Artist,
maybe I was confusing him with"Rambling Sid Rumpole of The Bailey"
Strange how age affects one innit. :(
sunman

Post by sunman »

Aye Artist that Malone character keep
cropping up doesn't he.lol Yorkie( sic ).
The Valient and the Eagle.
Used to like watching Zorro at the Sat
morning fliks.Jam jar and 1d to get in.
Good times mate.
I'm just 2 people short of a threesome.
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Heyup, Tam, the Army Game with "Flogger Hoskins" and former RM Bernie Breslaw :wink: Top show.
11/11/50 on my birth cert, since you asked :roll: Under "Father`s Name", it says "Dunno, I`d `ad a few, that night" :P
Was Lemmie in Dan Dare or Quatermass :-?
Tuppeny alloff, please mister :wink:
Aye,
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Artist

Post by Artist »

Harry

Always had you down as bit of a Bas*ard anyway. Now I know! (total etc, etc, feel free to fill in as you find it)

Remember the "Victor" comic anyone? Or the one shilling Commando books?

How about the Airfix plastic soldiers? (1/72 scale average contents 50 odd) The Afica Corp. Brit soldiers in the desert. Airbourne forces. French foriegn Legion. The list is endless. Never forget the commandos! Cost one shilling in the Fakenham (north Norfolk) Woolworths every saturday. I was a sad git even then! Humbrol paints? 6 little glass tubes of paint 6 old pence (brush included). (took about a month before the bloody paint dried!)

Remember the other cartoon in the Valiant? My favorite was the "Nuthatch" family.

Artist
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

I was going to say 'We didn't have plastic' but never mind -
All of 'mine' were in the "War to end all wars" - then came another....

I always wondered about Milicent - remember 'just' William's bird in hand?
could put you off that ....

I still have Eagle Annual number 1 .... might be worth a fortune -
It supplies our present government with it's strategy...
The Mekon still gives advice I suppose... clothed as a conservative labour representative from the north east...
Maybe I should send it to their press officer - the next one that is...

Had at one time the Wizard Annual which explained that the whisps of cloud sometimes seen were responsible for crashing aeroplanes - they
tangled into the wings... ( that was an older version of course ! ).

Mrs Dales diary kept the womenfolk happy - for about fifty years -
and probably dictated our style of dressing over the ether...

Ahhhhh yes,

'Aye
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Ahhh,The Victor.What memories. :D Actually Braddock VC is the only character I can remember.
Oh well off to the pub :drinking:
Wholley
Rahere

Re: Hello,This is intelligence speaking

Post by Rahere »

Grandpa was CPO Mess Steward at Pompey Occifers Mess during the interwar years, his eldest married Ken Creighton, an RM Sgt at Zeebrugge. They were in butlering when I knew them, one of their kids, Kenny Creighton, ran the antiques shop The Admirable Creighton on the square in Romsey, and was clearly the real-life Lovejoy. Kenny used to game factor for his dad, so drove a wagon with the bumper sticker, I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm a pheasant plucker's mate, and I'm only plucking pheasants 'cos the pheasant plucker's late...
Her side of the family managed to produce about 2 generations to our one...so my lass likely has great-grandcousins her age.
Lesley Phillips catchphrase was a very diffident Left hand down a bit, chaps, followed by the impact clatter as Troutbridge hit something. His grandchildren seem to run cruise ships in Venice these days.