Share This Page:

A shit month for the Corps

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
davo141

A shit month for the Corps

Post by davo141 »

another bootneck, a great oppo of mine died yesteday due to another IED helping the lads in the first.
the names not been released yet so i wont mention it,
but he was by all means an awesome royal marine, a hoofing bloke and a shame to have lost some one like him, my heart feels for his girlfriend and family at this time, specially seen as it would of ruined christmas for life for them.

It has possibly been the worst 3 months for the corps for a very very long time, due to deaths and life changing injurys, 45 are taking the brunt of it and are in a world of hurt but, as bootnecks are smashing on.

my mind and heart are with the familys of everyone lost recently as there is no good time to loose someone but this time of year makes it worse, even for us out here

wecame back in for 24 hours battle prep and are out again soon to finish what we started, lads will be spending the christmas period in one of t he most dangerous parts of the most dangerous part of the world, spare a thought as many of you do, not just for the lads but there familys whom it is ten times worse for.

RIP royal, you will be truely missed!
Forward Troop - CLRRM, Viking Operator and Maintainer. Viking Support Troop out in The Ghan.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Davo,
I know there are a few from this site on ops. So very sad when we hear of another brother down.
You are all doing a fantastic job.
Take care out there lads.
Paddysprat

Post by Paddysprat »

An incredibly sad time for the Corps, The Rifles and the families of those who have lost their lives.

I would like to take this opportunity to pass on my condolences along with my families, to all affected by the events over the last month or so.

Take care of yourself Davo along with your muckers, we will be thinking of you all this Christmas.
'Paddysprat' a phrase used when explaining the origins of an 'Army Brats' accent.
English Rose

Re: A shit month for the Corps

Post by English Rose »

Hey Dave, so glad you dropped in. Was a bit worried about you. Hubby just told me about this. Really sorry for all of you, mate. My heart breaks for the families and friends going through this right now.

Will be thinking of you all xx Take care, Dave. Look after each other :(
Waiting for my rocket to come.
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

Keep on going Dave -

We're all proud of the job being performed with excellence.

Our thoughts are with the families - and with you lot on the ground.

Safe home - Well done.
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Dave,

Keep your head down and stay safe! The cherry berets had a bad tour last time, and the booties seem to be having it even worse this time round.

The lads and their families will be in all our thoughts - and in the prayers of those of us who are of that persuasion.

Take care!!
timex

Post by timex »

Stay safe Dave and the rest of the guys deployed.
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

Artist

Post by Artist »

Stay safe Dave.

Artist
matt2206

Post by matt2206 »

Stay Safe Dave

My Son is out there at the moment (you lot may know him as Beardo, he used the site a lot whilst in training at Lympstone), he's serving with RM ASG (Vikings)

He speaks very highly of the lads in CLR especially the Viking Support Group, and how they keep the wagons on the road.

Not so happy with these new tactics terry is using, one bomb for the wagon and another for the lads that come in support

http://defenceoftherealm.blogspot.com/2 ... -cure.html

Anyhoo, keep on keeping on and keep your heads down

Matt
fodd

Post by fodd »

Dave stay safe mate R.I.P Royal
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

Cap badge rivalry never factors when we lose someone ...we are all family!
Take care Dave, head down when req'd, give them hellwhen the opportunity arises.
The guys and girls are doing a stand up job and I'm sure I speak for all here when I say we're 100% with you!
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
Artist

Post by Artist »

Dave tell the Ozzy Andy that the same applies to him. All of you stay safe!

Artist
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

dont normally comment but its starting to p*ss me off.shear frustration. no one wants death, loss of life - its heartbreaking. i have my own feelings on this which i wont share but gladly share on the positive with ex ladddos that have been out there.
RIP to the brave and fallen.

touchy subject to me when out with the lads. (they think im 'uptight' bout it. i aint. they are just ill informed.)

again above sentiments.
'Every man an Emperor'