Share This Page:

Commando on The Front Line - Recruit Adam Collins

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
The Southerner

Commando on The Front Line - Recruit Adam Collins

Post by The Southerner »

I was just wondering if anybody knows whether or not he passed out? I missed the first run of these programs but have been watching them this time. So far it's up to the point where he's been backtrooped and has made a complaint about being bullied by the training team.

He seems pretty determined but I'd be very surprised if he made it through given his attitude- he seems like a bit of a know-it-all and admits he doesn't really want to be a Marine, but it'll help his future career as a stuntman. :o :o
Application submitted: 16-01-08
Psychometric tests: 30-01-08 (Passed)
Eye test: 03-02-08 (Passed)
Interview: 07-02-08 (Passed)
Medical: 12-02-08 (Passed)
PJFT: Delayed due to having the knees of a 14 year old girl
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

Does he look anything like this fella?

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=10843665

Same name, wants to be a stuntman & mentions joining the Royal Marines over a year ago. Compare the picture to the on-screen and it may be him
mutter1

Post by mutter1 »

aspinall

Post by aspinall »

Yer that is him what a complete twat
You'll Never Walk Alone
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

I've nothing against him personally, simply because I don't know him and prehaps it would be stupid of me to comment on someone I've seen on the TV (in detail) for about 30 mins.

Still, I f&@king hate it when people post half naked pictures of themselves in Bebo/Facebook/MySpace, whatever. But never judge a book by it's cover....

Remember, he's got further than some of us......
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

davidemmerson wrote:Still, I f&@king hate it when people post half naked pictures of themselves in Bebo/Facebook/MySpace, whatever. But never judge a book by it's cover....
They'll be RM Gladiators next! :roll:
mutter1

Post by mutter1 »

It has been mentioned on other forums where RM's go that he was in Hunter company for a long time after the series, maybe up to 9-12 month's.... :-? :o

I have no clue (awaiting a witty repremand from Mr H :wink: ) if that's accurate or not, but it was said.
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

Mutter, Im aware of cases in which some have been stuck in for YEARS. There was one such case that I believe Artist highlighted about a lad that was stuck in for 3 years and they decided to award him a Green Beret for showing true Commando spirit by sticking with it so long. He never did go on to complete training due to the injury he had but did some administirial (is that even a word?) duties.
The Southerner

Post by The Southerner »

Illustrious wrote:Does he look anything like this fella?

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=10843665

Same name, wants to be a stuntman & mentions joining the Royal Marines over a year ago. Compare the picture to the on-screen and it may be him
That's the guy! I bet he has to fight off the sausage with a profile picture like that.

Shame it doesn't say if he actually made it through or not.
Application submitted: 16-01-08
Psychometric tests: 30-01-08 (Passed)
Eye test: 03-02-08 (Passed)
Interview: 07-02-08 (Passed)
Medical: 12-02-08 (Passed)
PJFT: Delayed due to having the knees of a 14 year old girl
davo141

Post by davo141 »

speaking to a lad in the galley at ctc who passed out with him so the answer is .... yes! not sure when though!
Forward Troop - CLRRM, Viking Operator and Maintainer. Viking Support Troop out in The Ghan.
seen_off

Post by seen_off »

yea he passed out with 947 tp a few months back.
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

He is now at 40.
Si Capon

Post by Si Capon »

Has he changed?? Did seem a bit of a twat on TV, but our Glorious Corps does have a strange effect on people. I passed out with a guy who was a right pain in the arse throughout training. Once he got to a unit, turned him into a sound bloke, so you never know!
Once....................... Always...tup, three
Cockney

Post by Cockney »

Apparently he is at Logs now.

Read into that what you will.
But to only spend a few months at a fighting unit before they send you to CLR does not bode well.

And regardless of what he is like now, the reputation he has made for himself will follow him throughout his career in the corp.
davo141

Post by davo141 »

he is a logs your correct, he was on the range with us this week, didnt speak to him but he was there.

Hes doing, as far as i gather LFSP, which is force protection for the conveys etc, not a bad job i dont think, just a ping, cant say how it reflects on him as its just one place where they where mega short of blokes, at the beginning of the year they had 17 out of the 140odd needed for Herrick..lads had to come from somewhere, he was just one!!

Dave
Forward Troop - CLRRM, Viking Operator and Maintainer. Viking Support Troop out in The Ghan.