Share This Page:

Navy to sell the Royal Marine Logo!

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
JR

Post by JR »

:evil: Thanks for the Link,I bet their inbox is burning up :soldier_finger:.
Just sent off a suitable responce.Aye jr :snipersmile: .
Down Targets Patch out.
Who needs the World as your Oyster,When you've had the world as your cap Badge
druadan

Post by druadan »

They must be having a farking giggle. I couldn't really give a toss about some nobber walking down the street in a matelot shirt, and let's be honest there's plenty of people who wear 'fashionable' t-shirts with 'ARMY' printed on them Yank style. But to sell the Corps logo like this is basically selling out every man who's ever worked for his Lid.

If someone got a petition round the units I don't think there'd be a single Bootneck who wouldn't sign it. And the Cdo trained Pongos would be just as quick, we all know how 'lid-isct' they become as soon as they've got their Daggers!

Stix, this sounds right up your street...?

PS.
"If one or two old Navy veterans have their noses put out of joint, then so be it," he said.
He's heard of you, Artist :o

Prone position...DOWN.

Watch and shoot, watch and shoot :lol:
JoJo82

Post by JoJo82 »

This is stupid! The White Ensign is that of importance, a sign you can respect and one with meaning. Making it common for a PR stunt will take that all away and I will need to remove it from my window, it won't p*ss the Turks off as much any more :cry:
[img]http://www.btinternet.com/~stuart.bowell/jb.jpg[/img]
[url=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/][img]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev307bf___.png[/img][/url]
Archie

Post by Archie »

I've been involved in this on OAMAAM, Here's how it went, my route to Mr Warren and our conversation.........

From me to Navy News,

"Your site does not give one the chance to write directly to the RN.

I wish to do so to tell the Navy that it has sunk to new depths with this dumb idea of marketing our Brands and insignia to all and sundry. When you walk down the street and see some brownhatter wearing a Commando logo just remember that we complained. I realise that the senior RN officers are far too high and mighty to take any notice of this but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be said. Jack you've really got it wrong this time.

Webmaster, if you had any balls at all you'd pass this on up the chain of command. No chance of that then, too scared about your cushy number?????????

Archie"

Their reply to me....

"Thanks for your comments.

As requested I forwarded your email to Capt Brian Warren (RN) who launched
the initiative.

He has asked that you forward a telephone number to me so that he can call
you in person and explain what this is all about.

So, over to you really - how big are your balls? Fancy a chat???

CPO Jack Daniels
Defence Public Relations (Navy)"

My reply to them

"Hi Jack,

Now that's a name for Navy Chief if ever I heard one.

Thanks for passing on my maily, I apologise for goading you into action but sometimes that's the only way to get things done, nothing personal though.

Yes I'd love to hear from Mr Warren about his initiative. As you'll know by now there are a huge number of "old and bold" as he sarcastically describes us who think that the idea stinks.

If he'd like to speak to me the Number here in Australia from the UK is 0061 ********* (removed by Archie as this is a public forum). Please note that we're 9 hours ahead of you so the best time to phone is your morning which is our evening.

Thanks again for passing this on,

Your obviously a good hand and there's not many of us left

Regards

Archie"

Ok Men

Here's the hot poop, straight from Capt Warren or Bunny as his oppos might call him.

He phoned me today, thanks to Chief Jack Daniels for passing on my/our message.

He says.....

Firstly the Navy needed to trademark the logos and insignia to protect the images from abuse. Apparently Ben Sherman clothing and Lambretta scooters have been using the RAF Roundel Logo without any reference or benefit to the RAF.

He also says that he's been misreported (shocking, I selectively quote people all time, eh Artist)

Ref the money to be raised, I pointed out the serious shortfalls in PTSD support and he mentioned that as part of his PR budget Sama82 is getting significant help for Vets to revisit the Falklands and help with laying their demons to rest. The Docs have at long last recognised that a visit back to the scene of the trauma can make a huge difference in the healing process.

He reckons that he'll only allow merchandising that promotes a positive (I hope he didn't mean HIV positive ;) ) image and never one that would damage the Navy or the Corps in any way.

He also pointed out that the Corps 99.9% ad worked too well, 99.9% didn't apply as they were already convinced that they didn't have a chance.

Currently a nod Troop has got a reporter embedded (Oooh back to the beefers thread) and this time the troop will be followed into it's first Commando and on to operational deployments. He has high hopes for this as it'll take the focus away from the struggles of training and focus on more of the big picture.

So I thanked him for his call and told him that we'd all like this to be true but the first brown hatter we meet wearing a Commando endorsed DPM thong and we'll be on his case

There you go that's the gist of it, I feel slightly less wary of the whole thing but ultimatley the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.
Archie.

"If there is a better way......find it!" (Thomas Alva Edison)
druadan

Post by druadan »

Well the proof in the pudding will be easy to see; let's be honest, who on here wouldn't go up to a bloke they see wearing a Commando t-shirt on the street and say hello? And when said bloke says, "Who the hell are you, what are you doing talking to me?" then we know he's not a Bootie. At which point we try and explain to said bloke that wearing emblems synonomous with the sacrifice made by so many, and the commitment now made by so few, being worn by someone completely unconnected, is in essence sacriligeous. Hopefully, at said point, said bloke will remove offending item. Failing such action, tongue of the old and bold, lashing, for the use of; or, knuckles of the young and foolhardy, light brushing, for the use of; or, just for Artist's sake: cars, for the running over of, will be brought into play.

I'm sorry, but the first 18 stone sumo wrestler or 6 stone wraith I see walking down the high street wearing MY flashes is gonna have to do a hell of a lot of sweet talking to avoid being put on his arse. Or me in hospital. Just depending on how good at fighting back he is 8)

Now where's Stix with that petition going round the units?
Rotary Booty

Post by Rotary Booty »

Go On..... you know you really want a pair of these to wear next time you visit CTCRM! :wink:

Rotary
[img]http://avanimation.avsupport.com/gif/Snoopy.gif[/img] So far.....so good........but watch your six!
Illustrious

Eurgh

Post by Illustrious »

What happened to the veto that they were going to offer, Im sorry but eurgh. Not at all my taste, looks too plastic to me.
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

First of all, bloody good effort Royal 8) wish I`d thought of ringing them up :wink:
CPO Jack Daniels, made up name :roll:

They`ve trademarked the Ensign and G&B and Cdo Dagger etc for some time as Bunny boiler rightly says. I had the conversation with Sticks two years ago and they will "do" anyone using their "brand logos" for profit or in an inapropriate way. And that`s fair enough.
Sounds like you got our concerns across Archie and I think a petition will hammer them home. Good effort again mate :wink:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Archie

Post by Archie »

Cheers H

Made up name or not the Chief at Navy news is the one who made it possible and good on him for doing it.

As a point of fact it was Mr Warren that phoned me, and we spoke for about 20 minutes at pussers expense. What surprised me the most was his pro bootneck attitude (he did a long stint on Fearless). He said he owed us all an explanation which also surprised me. He then went on in some detail about the "use it or lose it" side of trademarking the images etc.

Like I said proof will be in the eating. Looking at those rather spiffing RAF Gym Shoes :roll: I think the services idea of taste and quality may differ from ours
Archie.

druadan

Post by druadan »

How long did you serve in the Corps Archie? Surely you of all people are well aware of the excellent quality of all that Pusser provides :o

Sunday Lunch in the galley anyone? :-?
Archie

Post by Archie »

Druadan, I hope you're not suggesting that the Corps use any less than the very finest of everything.

It seems only yesterday that I was bollocked for wearing a proffed pair of urban patrol boots when the rest of the place was still in DMS boots and puttees, I mean Puttees ffs, they were old hat when my Dad was in the Army.

That said apart from the crabs, I'd have to say that pussers scran is good to excellent. Compare it with the Norgies, or the cloggies, or Perce and it's head and shoulders better.

It's got to be said though that if you want to live well, crabair is the way to go. First day at Brize and they picked us with a coach, no not a 4 tonner, a proper coach with a girly driver too!!!!! From there it just got better, I was sorry to leave and get back to reality. :cry:
Archie.

harry hackedoff

Lyneham, on the way out to Norge, breakfast tables had tablecloths on`em ffs :o And a kfs :o :o And a gay waiter :o :o :o

Compare a Pusser`s bagrat to the Crabair version :-?
That`s no comparison :P
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
terryrat

Post by terryrat »

Think youre all a bit late on here they have been flogging all booty stuff on e/bay for a while now baseball caps. flashes, t shirts plus berets the whole works You can get a full kit out on there including a full set of number ones :oops:
druadan

Post by druadan »

That's just lads out to make a quick bit of cash out of any unaccountable kit. Those Afghan issue camelbaks are selling a treat :P

Lad at Logs got charged a couple of years back for flogging SUSATs :o
harry hackedoff

Artist probably knows a good dit about a PRC HF 320 that went missing, post FI only to turn up in a certain shoppe window.......... :roll: