Share This Page:

Week 3 over.

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
dalo

Week 3 over.

Post by dalo »

Hey all im back for a long weekend, and i have to say im finding it tough. In my troop i just dont find that there is anyone that i would be mates with back home. There is alot of arrogant pricks, and im finding it hard to have a laugh with some of the people in my troop. Anyway im still cracking on, i have my weaknesses and my strong points ive had a few buttons ripped off for not being done up and had to carry everything in my locker in my bergen for 2 days then had an inspection that night. Carrying my locker contents with my weapon, webbing and helmet up and down that hill that leads to the weapon lecture buildings was hard but i got to the top not that far behind my section, so i was happy with that. Well i need to leave at five in the morning so im going to try and enjoy today whilst it lasts. We started with sixty and now we are at fifty recruits half of them got medically discharged.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
commando-or-para

Post by commando-or-para »

to me it sounds like things are getting a bit on top of you, i have been told after the first couple of weeks you get used to it and people get on more with eachother, just hang in there mate remember what your there for, how long you have wanted it, good luck with everything
dalo

Post by dalo »

At the moment i think that is the only reason i would wrap it all just the people in my troop. I know im not perfect but i just cant have a laugh with them. Maybe once people start being themselves it will be good.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Alright Dalo, nice to hear from you mate!
ashley

Post by ashley »

I wouldn't worry about it, you can't expect to get on perfectly with 60 lads from all sorts of backgrounds, countries and, in some cases, planets.

As for unlocked padlocks, the Kit Shop sells some padlocks you can only lock if you have the key in them, pretty useful things. Expensive though.
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Keep smiling dalo, they can`t make you pregnant.
Try taking the piss and dripping non-stop, you`ll soon get the hang of it 8)

You were a very lucky lad that your kit muster wasn`t at Peter`s Pool at 03 30, I could fix it for you, next time if you like 8)
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Future_Marine

Post by Future_Marine »

How come some of them got medically discharged?
dalo

Post by dalo »

One guy had a messed up back from P-coy, one had exhema, the other had messed his knee up and one guy got huntered from an illness he caught.
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Dalo,

Stick with it mate, i bet you by the time week 15 comes along, many of the people you dont like or dont get along with will have wrapped. I found there were quite a few nobbers in my troop, but after i,d left the good eggs i,d kept in touch with informed me the knobbers were slowly dissapearing. There is no room for idiots later on. Trust me, hang on in there. It,s not about them, its about you and all the good lot in your troop who you will find will start to pull together in the coming weeks and you,ll see there are some really good lads about.

Chin up mate and crack on,

Dwarfy
Commachio

Post by Commachio »

Hang in there mate. 22 years from now it'll all seem like a sweet, wonderful dream.
ashley

Post by ashley »

harry hackedoff wrote:Keep smiling dalo, they can`t make you pregnant.
Try taking the piss and dripping non-stop, you`ll soon get the hang of it 8)

You were a very lucky lad that your kit muster wasn`t at Peter`s Pool at 03 30, I could fix it for you, next time if you like 8)
At least it's frozen over and there's no dust.
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Wanna try for it 8)
I really could fix it for you :roll:
The Force, help you it can
Powerfull it is :o
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Machiavellian

Post by Machiavellian »

Dalo, i think you have my old training team? Is your troop stripey a G/Sgt from USMC? i passed out with my original training team having spent 8months in hunter only to catch them back up when i got re-trooped!
Tom
Artist

Post by Artist »

Dalo

Once the Gobshits have been sorted you will find that all of your troop most likely feel the same was as you do! Tis all part of growing up and being British!! :D

Artist
Tab

Post by Tab »

It does get easier with the passing of time, and as you get fitter and into the swing of things