Share This Page:

Web site ref becoming a Marine

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
Artist

Web site ref becoming a Marine

Post by Artist »

Don't know how but I clicked onto the site and this came up instead.

www.how2become.co.uk/royalmarines.htm

Seen it all now. For just under nine quid (plus P&P) they send you a CD on how to become a Bootneck! :o

Pound to a penny a fair few Eijuts will shell out money for this "Advice".

heres one for Doc:

www.how2become.co.uk/airhostess.htm

Artist
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ive ordered it, the air hostess one at least. :roll:

The Bootneck one comes with a free Get Fit dvd and a pussers Green Tshirt :roll: :roll: and the funniest bits are the top tips......1-Fully prepare for PRMC, 2-Fully Prepare for training etc etc etc

I bet some twonk from MF&T has saved all the threads onto disk..................now theres an idea!!!! :lol:
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

LOL! Blimey!

Someone should order it to see what this 'advice' actually entails! It'll probably be stuff like 'You will run a lot. Make sure you train to run alot' :lol:
Artist

Post by Artist »

Lets not go that way Doc please!

Farking Pressups........Arrrgghhh!

Artist
flo

Post by flo »

Doc, forget the courses mate, theres one on how to be a paramedic :D just watch it and hey presto, your sorted. Leaves you more free drinking time.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Tell me do the nods still have Kit Musters and does everything have to be the size of a Globe and Buster! Do they retain their weapons as we did. Is KD still issued to those who are posted East of Suez and do they still call their DI....... Daddy? (Juniors Only)

Aye
Mike
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Come on guys, i know its pretty hilarious to you guys who have been there and done it, but to people who have no idea other than they want to join, it probably answers alot of things they dont know. I read everything i could find when i was in the process of joining, and a "CD"?? well i,d have wet me pants at the time.

At least it might stop some of the stupid questions, i wonder if it answers "where do bullets go?"

Im reckoning they,l make a killing out of it.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Im a great believer Dwarf bud that you turn up and act the sponge, do what you are told and expect the unexpected. THis attitude will bode well for future career once out of the factory.

Planning for every possible eventuality with books and CDs will put you at a false edge I believe.

Just get fit and crack on.
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Doc,

I totally agree with you, and to be honest no matter how much you read or think you might have found out about training at CTC it can,t for one second give you an idea of what it is really like. Like i said, i did personally read alot of books, thinking naively that i might gain a few tips, but i still ran around like a headless chicken, banging em out every 10 minutes for farking up, just like everyone else.

Like you said, just crack on and expect the unexpected, one thing i know for sure is that when i hopefully re-join next year i certainly won,t be looking any further ahead than the end of each day, and i,ll take each day as it comes.....Can't wait.
DLink011

Post by DLink011 »

With ref. to How to become a Marine, I bought my beep test from them.
saw the other cd they offer but my AFCO has given me everything i need.

with the beep test i also got a plain white training shirt. all for 11 quid i think incl. p&p
RM application 2005, PRMC - tore ACL and PCL ligaments.
Contimplating TA for a couple years before i rejoin RM
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Haven`t checked this out yet, will do soonest.
One thing bothers me. Is Pusser aware of this site?
And Howdy Doody Dwarfey, lip lock and hugs to you :P
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
harry hackedoff

Yerrrrs :-?
Do they do one for Beefers? Stand to Attention, if you`re Glad To Be Gay :o

Who is behind this site? Cannot believe Pusser is best pleased :-?
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Howdy doody to you to Mr Hackedoff,

Hows the weather in W.A? im out there for christmas with my Mum and step Dad, leave in 3 and a half weeks. They,ve just moved from Ferndale down to Bremer Bay, down Albany way but my Gran still lives in Perth. Lots of phys on the beach for me, in the sun for once.

cheers Dwarfy
harry hackedoff

Play yer cards right Dwarfes and you could wake up under me on Cristmas day 8)
Fark Albany, mogadon city. :roll: Best you stay in Perth matey. 8)
And the weather was shite with a capital crap. Worst spring for ages. Gone now and we`s hitting the low thirtys 8)
I`m sat here in me nicks as I`m writing this, btw :roll:
pm if you need any info ref Oz or the Corps 8)
JR

Post by JR »

:P dwarfy..........Beware of false gods? you need info see 'H' I have it on good authority that the First Sea Lord thinks 'Harry' farts naplan,and can put a bullet in a gnats arse at 50 paces,plus the fact he gets a bounty for every recruit. :wink: :wink: Aye jr
Who needs the World as your Oyster,When you've had the world as your cap Badge