Share This Page:

Falklands Argi view point

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
ratso

Post by ratso »

I have over the last few week been looking at sites to do with the war. The one thing that is coming across very strongly is the view by the Argi's on how they still feel about this dot in the South Atlantic.
I have found some very well put together sites, one in particular that looks very good and has a very good library of photos.
http://ar.geocities.com/laperlaaustral/
You need a translator to read it though.
It brings a lot home and is very well put together.
I think it is easy to forget when we remember who we lost that their loss was greater. We all saw the conscripts or heard the stories. I always remember the 20+ prisoners from the same country school whose NCO was a teacher from the same school.
They too will be remembering over the next few months and I for one will lay an extra poppy this year for their loss.
I hope this does not offend anyone...
Muttley

Post by Muttley »

I felt that the general view amongst our guys was that they would not have missed it for the world, it was what we had trained for, and here was the chance to see if we were as good as we thought. For the Argentines, most of them did not want to be there, those that did were probably out of their depth. We should respect them, they are human too. We were there on a point of principle, they were there because they actually believe they had a claim to the place, lets face it the Argentine government had probably done more for the islands than the British government. Anyway looking at what Comrade/President Tony is doing for Gibraltar perhaps what we did will all have been in vain after all, Gib today, Falklands tomorrow! (regardless of battle honours!)
ratso

Post by ratso »

Yep the loss of Gib will mean hell for those who have lived there all these years. A lot do live two lives by crossing the border but, I know a lot of families over there have a lot of problems with the mainland.
The end of the Rock run of shaded beaches and driving through a mountain to get some sun.
This will be a major thorn in the side for all those who have passed before us who fought and died for the rock. A loss Marine the world over will down a drink in sorrow over.
I don't think Tony (Blaiiiiiiir that is) knows what this hand over will mean for a lot of people.
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

ratso, President Blair is a Cult (possibly misspelt) Aye
jonboy

Post by jonboy »

Has Britain totally lost Gibralter? and do u think the argies will ever try to claim back the falkland islands again?
alright
Artist

Post by Artist »

F**k em
ABI

Post by ABI »

Steve

Don't mince your words, say what you meen mate. Go on spit it out
Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

Steve, can you clarify that! Get off the fence will you... what exactly are you trying to say? :D
Drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed...
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Artist

Post by Artist »

Dear sticky......and ABI

Really, really, really.............. F**k em!!!!

They can't speak English can't win wars....F**k em!!!

But, can... F**k up your life!!

Nuff said

Aye steve evans
Black Rat

Post by Black Rat »

Lets remember that it's the POLITICIANS who create wars, it's the poor old squaddies role to sort out the mess that they have created.

I am glad you are able to lay an extra poppy and think that is right.

It was brought home to me a few weeks ago in Northern France and seeing the thousands and thousands of graves from both World Wars.

What was moving is that in some Military Cemetaries, all the lads are buried together,

British, German, Canadian, French etc, comrades in arms all!

I think that this is only right but others may have different opinions.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Black Rat.... your so right, I had the Honor to pass through the fields of remembrance, in northern France, when I was just a lad and even then it turned me to tears especially when you saw how many crosses there were and if you were able to read head stones, how bloody young they all were. I feel that all Politicians should go face to face with the horror of war, we would then see very few conflicts in the future!
Steve a man of few words..... F**k em all
Aye
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
Artist

COMMEN SENSE

Post by Artist »

MIke

I am suitably chastised ref my 'slightly' beligerant reaction.

I was feeling mightly hacked off at the time and as per usual mouthed offt before using brain.....whats new!

Aye steve evans
Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

Steve, you are entitled to your opinion... an appology is not neccesary!

I think the point Ratso was putting over is that he is now able to realise that they were not just the enemy, but were also soldiers and suffered their own losses. He is not forgiving them... just remebering their loss as well as his own. Please feel free to correct me Ratso as this is only my interpretation of your post!
The Falkland was the last war (dare I say that as it is called a conflict by most) that was fought hand to hand and not with the use of smart technology.
Drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed...
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
ratso

Post by ratso »

I think my point has to be that no matter which side you are on you are there because some lame brain could not forsee an event horizion and it boils down to the troops to do the job.
No matter what we think the Argi's thought they were in the right. If you are fed enough crap by the likes of Galti bad ass and Saddamotherf******s you start to believe. When it comes down to it we are there to do the job and so are they. I feel sorry for all the unfortunates who are misled and misguided who have to loose their lives because the world is still made up from a bunch of boys fighting over who can do what where.

HUMAN
Humourless
Overbearing
Mankind
Anihilates
Neighbours

I really feel sorry at times that I have brought children into a world which can be so bloody stupid. We are only on this planet for a short time and all we do is try to go out of our way to shorten it by listening to people who can talk the talk but never have to walk the walk.
Falklands Veterans Foundation
www.fvf.org.uk www.yomp30.co.uk
Save the Fearless www.hmsfearless.co.uk
Give Her A Home So We Can All Remember