Share This Page:

Incapacitated

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
JR

Incapacitated

Post by JR »

:roll: Having just spent a few days in the 'Sick Bay' after the jaunt down to the health and fitness farm (CTCRM).
Carted off to the hospital to be diagnosed diabetic,'Hell' I thought I was about to cross the parade ground?,prodded,poked,jabbed and manipulated,thinks! if I'm going can I wear me boots?I aint going without me boots?.
Finally discharged With an health warning, cut out the good things in life no more fry-ups,egg banjos,cut down on the 'Tiger' '1664' oggies,no more up spirits,fish and chips are out,and get more exercise (out bike off stabilisers).
Anyway I'm still here,still functioning but a little incapacitated.Aye jr :wink: :wink:
Who needs the World as your Oyster,When you've had the world as your cap Badge
Mike

Post by Mike »

JR....

Sorry to hear that, but it’s not the end of the world. I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic some 4 years ago following a check up for an unrelated medical problem....You could have cut me down with a barge pole. However, like many others, I have learnt to live with the condition and I appear to be able to drink, eat most things in moderation.

Exercise is our saviour here. I cycle about 30 miles a week which keeps the old heart in shape, the cholesterol clear of the arteries and the lungs full and working. Just make sure that you don’t do those things that are really bad and that you look after yourself

Take care

Aye
Mike
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
John_D

Sick bay

Post by John_D »

Hi Jim
Sorry to hear about your problems, I hope you start feeling better
soon, As Mike has stated, it need n't be the end of the world.

I look after an old lady a couple of doors up from me, she was diagnosed
a long time ago, but she has come to live with it, she watches what she
eats, and takes her insolin ( spelling) on a regular basis, and to be
honest she gets around better than me, and she is 87 Yrs of age,
I have a brother in law with the same problem, and again he copes quite
well, the only problem I can find is that it can make you feel tired.

Take care of yourself jim.
catch you soon

John_D
[img]http://www.amazing-animations.com/gif/flag007.gif[/img]

Post by Guest »

Sorry to hear that Jim,
As the learned gentlemen above have said, it can be controlled and you can lead a pretty normal life with diabetes. Doesn't make you feel any better about being diagnosed with it though.
Chin up mate and take good care
Love
Loz
x
Mike

Bugger

Post by Mike »

Jim,
Trust you have got over the initial shock of the diagnosis. If there is anything I can do or tell you abouyt it Please dont hesitate in contacting me, I will try to give you advice as to how I live with it... Have you been diagnosed with Type 1 or 2.

Take care Oppo

Aye
Mike
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
owdun

Post by owdun »

Join the club, you old bassa, I was diagnosed this time last year with type two, it's no big deal as long as you keep the fats and sugars under control. It's all a result of riotous living and debauchery, most bootnecks will get it if they lived right. :P :P

Aye Owdun. :evil:
Rotary Booty

Post by Rotary Booty »

Jim lad

Sorry to hear they've found something wrong with you at long last......you were a bit too good to be true. 8)

Sorry even more though to hear it's diabetes, cos that's a common ailment, and not as posh as heart trouble! :wink:

Now will you stop looking at my Corps tie sideways, with that crooked grin!!

Best of luck ol' oppo, and do as they tell you.... not easy for a 3 badger.

Derek
Artist

Post by Artist »

Jim

Sorry to hear about your ailments Oppo. If there is ought I can do to help vis a vee piccys for the new gaff please just giss us a bell and it will be done. Free Gratis (them brushes are kin ace to base Oppo! Owe you bigtime, no messtins).

Artist
Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

Jim,
you should have phoned me, I would have broadcast to all stations and we could have done a jail break on you.

At least you are still breathing... if that stops, you are in the doo doo big time! You can talk to our Colonel now, he's had it for years and it never stopped him making Colonel (half Colonel really!)
Drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed...
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
JR

Post by JR »

:D Many thanks for the comments?....... :P
Mike....for the laid back approach.....Cheers Just bought a mountain bike (exercise purposes only). :roll:

Loz.......Words of wisdom :wink:

Cheers Frank..Riotous living and debauchery indeed (must be a bootneck thing) :onfire:

Derek.....For his usual comments about the Corps tie? and the clinical approach to medical problems,It's only MK11 diabetic Derek, so far you are winning? :snipersmile:

Artist 'Steve' immune to most ailments due to the constant immersion in the cut :banghead:

John_D.......Care and attention John! care and attention :dance:

Stix....The answer to most of our problems 'Grab it by the neck' and all will be well :grab:

Cheers all I know I'm in good Company? :yeah:
Who needs the World as your Oyster,When you've had the world as your cap Badge
GD

Post by GD »

JR, there's none of us getting any younger mate and we all have to accept we can't enjoy the excesses of our youth but we'll always have the memories.

Make the best of your life from this point onwards mate, this is no rehearsal, it's the real thing and you only get one shot at it.

Have fun mate :)
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Jim Sorry to hear about your troubles oppo, good to see your still smiling though.

Advances in diabetes care are great nowadays so aslong as you behave you should see 40 :lol:

Take care bud and if theres owt I can do then shout.

Doc