Share This Page:

Green Turban!

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
Doc

Post by Doc »

what happens at scran then when your supposed to remove your lids?
does he take it off all on mass, or does he "unwind" before eating?

anyway good luck to him, suppose he'd be ok in a pithe helmet?
davo141

Post by davo141 »

he keeps it on all the time..different ones for phys etc...

must get redders under there with all the hair n warmers! he wars a normal helemt...to much amusement, troops pass out in peaked caps (depending on supply) now'a'days so god knows how that one works!

Davo
Forward Troop - CLRRM, Viking Operator and Maintainer. Viking Support Troop out in The Ghan.
Artist

Post by Artist »

Does he ride a 50cc Honda?

Artist
Humphs

Post by Humphs »

Does he were a white one when in Blues, and srews the brass bobbin on top and attach the chin stay on the bottom, whats he going to do when passes out , he be there all day changing from one colour to another, good luck to the lad though.
Always in the Sh*t, it's just the depth that varies.
Artist

Post by Artist »

All I can say is that he's going to have a problem come Captains Evolutions if he ever gets onboard a ship during a Portland Workup!!

"Marine Singh" turn to with a Respirator and save that CPO stokers life before he takes charge of the CSB!!! :D

Artist
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

this was posted on the OnceAMarine forum discussing the same topic and I thought it might be worth pasting it here as it got me thinking...

--------

The lad wearing the turban is obviously a Sikh. As has been pointed out there may be some practical problems with it but I am sure the Corps has the wit to sort them out.

Sikhism is a religion in it's own right and has nothing to do with Muslims. Sikhs have a long history of being a very courageous race of warriors with a strict code of conduct which regards everyone as being equal, including women !

"quote"Baroness Shreela Flather, spoke of a cause close to her heart, the Memorial Gates Trust, to the enormous contributions made during the World Wars by the people of the Indian subcontinent. The project costing 2.2 million pounds, will create four giant pillars of Portland stone topped by bronze urns, two on either side of Constitution Hill in London. There will be a small pavilion inscribed with the names of all the heroes along with the 69 Sikh holders of the Victoria Cross."unquote"

So he clearly comes from a long line of warriors who might have earnt him his place within the British armed forces...

I personally still cannot understand why anyone should go through the training to earn the CGB and not actually wear it given that the Corps is a religion in its own right...
Yours Aye
Tony L
[url=http://www.civvie-street.co.uk][img]http://www.onceamarinealwaysamarine.co.uk/images/sigyomp.gif[/img][/url]
im2skill

Post by im2skill »

It's PC nonsense.

If he's allowed to wear a turban then everyone should be able to wear their religions tradional dress.

How do you define religion? Is jedi a religion?

Marines with lightsabers?
Rotary Booty

Post by Rotary Booty »

Update on the lad with the turban.

I attended a King's Squad (907 Troop) pass out on the 8th June 2006 which was exactly the 50th Anniversary of my Squads (645 Squad) pass out.

While speaking to the RSM after the parade he informed us that the nod with the turban didn't complete training. Moreover, it was his family who kept checking up to make sure he was wearing it.

Rotary
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

:evil: :(

Too bad - quite a loss......

He was well mannered, easy to speak to and interested.
Keen too, as far as we could see.
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Hantslad

Post by Hantslad »

There is already (or was) a SNCO in the Corps with a turban. He may have been a WO2 or a WO1, I can't remeber now, but there was an article in the news about him a couple of years back
ashley

Post by ashley »

If it's the same lad I'm thinking of. Last I knew, he was in opt-out block when I was hunterised. This was around November 2005.

I saw a couple green turbans on camp too.

Rotary Booty, 907 pass out? Christ, time goes quick, I remember chatting to a few of them when they were still in foundation.
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Do the course, without favour Cap`n Pip, and you are in like lofty. Well done the lad and I`d be happy to have a Sikh in my Section nae borra.
The latest Member of the Andrew to reach Flag rank is an Asian gent. Highest rank ever achieved in HM Forces by an Asian, good effort mate.
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Dave_n

Post by Dave_n »

I never actually saw the bloke at CTC although he was there when i was around... Talking of opt outs.

I remember there was a bloke in week 31! yes WEEK 31 in the opt out block a few months back!

dave
Dave
Si Capon

Post by Si Capon »

Just after I passed out, A junior Marine Kings badgeman put his chit in and went out straight from CTC. Never even joined a unit??

Takes all sorts I suppose??
Once....................... Always...tup, three
Chester

Post by Chester »

Not the best circumstances for a photo by any means but it shows that Sikhs do pass out....

[color=white].[/color]
When not awake, I am often found asleep