Share This Page:

UKSF ranks and pay

General discussions on joining & training within Special Forces.
Star_Sailor

UKSF ranks and pay

Post by Star_Sailor »

Hi all

I didnt realise there was an SF section, ive just posted this question in the Navy bit. Oops.

I have a question about UKSF selections and more importantly pay and shadow ranks. Before i ask it is there anyone on these forums knowledgeable about this subject? I dont want to ask it then get slated because its in the wrong place. Ive also posted it in the Marines section so hopefully someone can answer.

Cheers fellas
Tab

Re: UKSF ranks and pay

Post by Tab »

It can vary from man to man, many of the people in SF have been in the Forces for a number of years and will have probably passed other courses which will affect their pay scale. You have to remember that no one goes into UK SF as Recruit.
Star_Sailor

Post by Star_Sailor »

Tab wrote:It can vary from man to man, many of the people in SF have been in the Forces for a number of years and will have probably passed other courses which will affect their pay scale. You have to remember that no one goes into UK SF as Recruit.
Hi Tab
Thanks for the reply. Ill tell you my problem.
Ive been in the Mob for 13 years and Im a Senior. Ive decided to attempt UKSF selection (long story). I have the SBS BC in Sept 2011 and selection Jan 2012. I thought that if successful i was continued to be paid as a Senior but i would just get the extra SF pay (and revert to the rank of Marine while serving in the SF). I need this confirming otherwise i may have to rethink. Its not the pay that bothers me as with SF pay id probably be close to what im on now, but its for when i leave. Leaving in 9 years as a senior is far financially better off than leaving as a marine in 9 years. If you see what i mean.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Star_Sailor,

Further to my response to your post in the RN Forum.

You should have the glossy tri-fold in which at the bottom of the first page is a telephone number.
Suggest this is the better way to go for information.

Rover
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Star_Sailor

Post by Star_Sailor »

Rover wrote:Star_Sailor,

Further to my response to your post in the RN Forum.

You should have the glossy tri-fold in which at the bottom of the first page is a telephone number.
Suggest this is the better way to go for information.

Rover

Hi Rover.

I did this already. Thats how i got the ball rolling. The recruitment Sgt Maj wasnt sure either. On the leaflet ive got it says the 2nd sea lord pushes for the uksf to be manned by naval/Marine personnel so i would have thought i would surely keep my senior pay and have the shadow rank otherwise why would anyone join apart from at the beginning of their military career?. But until this is confirmed im kinda thinking, shall I, or sharn't I?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hello Star_Sailor,

"On the leaflet ive got it says the 2nd sea lord pushes for the uksf to be manned by naval/Marine personnel"

I think that the 2nd Sea Lord has overlooked that now UKSF is a tri-service organisation. Prior to which there was the Royal Marines Special Boat Service which was 100% RM.

Currently nobody from the RN has passed selection.

Check your PM's.

Rover
Star_Sailor

Post by Star_Sailor »

Rover wrote:Hello Star_Sailor,

"On the leaflet ive got it says the 2nd sea lord pushes for the uksf to be manned by naval/Marine personnel"

I think that the 2nd Sea Lord has overlooked that now UKSF is a tri-service organisation. Prior to which there was the Royal Marines Special Boat Service which was 100% RM.

Currently nobody from the RN has passed selection.

Check your PM's.

Rover

What leaflet do you have Rover?
Rover

Post by Rover »

I was referring to your remark in your previous post.

Roger your PM.

Rover