Share This Page:

SRR

General discussions on joining & training within Special Forces.
Paul.harper

SRR

Post by Paul.harper »

Im in the process of joining the army. And i want to go into recce and i ve noticed there is a relitively new regiment called the speical recconissance regiment. ( i know you need to have experience to get to special forces criteria)

i understand you need to have 3-5years army experiance to enter the SF but how would you even get selected to join the srr or is it as simple as just asking and then going to a selection centre ?
BARB Test: 72
Basic Skills: Passed
Written Medical: Passed
Interviews:Passed
ADSC:
ITC Catterick Intake :
Chosen Reg: Queens royal lancers or Grenadier guards
druadan

Post by druadan »

You apply for it, as you do for 'normal' selection; aptitude tests etc, then the selection course itself.

'Recce' in SRR is generally a different role to what most people understand - it's not the same as an infantry/RM recce troop or Pathfinder platoon. So it's something you'd have to find out about once you're in to see if it's for you.
mattwinnie69

Re: SRR

Post by mattwinnie69 »

can you give me an idea of the fitness levels a girl would need?? and idea at all? how many miles they would have to be able to run and in what time?

Thanks
timex

Post by timex »

Same as the blokes ISTR...
Zoe

Post by Zoe »

Anyone know how to get any information on SRR??? 8)
timex

Post by timex »

agapito

Post by agapito »

Hello, congrads on you deciding to join the army.

Firstly, i would like to address the fact that your not in the services as yet. Therefore, have no idea of the way you'll react to training and courses to come in the future, you might find your self maturing and the special forces doesn't seem so glamorous after seeing the real army. In relations to your question, you can go to breifing courses and see if your still interested. May i point out, the OC have to sign off your papers to recommend you for even the briefing course. In other words you need to be eligible.( all round good soldier)