Share This Page:

21 SAS Locations

General discussions on joining & training within Special Forces.
sjuggins

21 SAS Locations

Post by sjuggins »

Guys,

Is there still a 21 SAS unit in Hitchin, Hertfordshire?

Just a simple yes or no answer please, I don't wish to know an address or anything else, I can find these out if I need to by phoning them. Just pondering options etc if I can't commit to the RMR as I only live 5 miles from Hitchin.

Thanks,
Stu.
Tartan_Terrier

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

Look at this link, and either ring the appropriate number, or send them an e-mail.

http://www.army.mod.uk/uksf/special_for ... /index.htm
sjuggins

Post by sjuggins »

Thanks Tartan, I did see that link already and I didn't want to bother them just to find out if there's a unit nearby.

I'll drop them an email but didn't want to come across as a muppit by just asking if they were in Hitchin.
sjuggins

Post by sjuggins »

Right, had a reply and there is no unit for 21 in Hitchin, it's either London or Cambridge.
CptStabbo

Re: 21 SAS Locations

Post by CptStabbo »

sjuggins wrote:Just pondering options etc if I can't commit to the RMR as I only live 5 miles from Hitchin.
If you can't commit to the RMR - don't bother ringing any of the numbers for 21. These aren't the units to consider joining on the basis of locality.

Regards,

CS
sjuggins

Post by sjuggins »

Cheers CS. The only reason I might not be able to commit to RMR is because of the amount of time it takes me to get there in the evening if I take a promotion at work, weekends etc are completely free, no other reason, and as Hitchin was only 5 miles away it wouldn't have been a problem.

RMR is my first choice and as 21 isn't local, it's all irrelevant now.