Share This Page:

SF medic

General discussions on joining & training within Special Forces.
kweowusu

SF medic

Post by kweowusu »

Hi,
Id like to know if its possible to join the special forces as a medical officer and what route you have to take.thanks
Jobag

Post by Jobag »

Is this guy for real? :evil:
adj125

Post by adj125 »

A different kind of special forces book, this is less about bombs and bullets and more about one man wanting to explore the world and himself. Villars charts his time in 21 SAS, all the way to being RMO of 22 and beyond. It is primarily an account of his struggle to break beyond what society expects of him and become a character more involved in the exciting aspects of life. No tales of gung-ho glory here, but reflections on failures, lessons learnt and good times had. This a great read for a medical student as it highlights that there is more to your profession than Monday morning ward rounds, a career as a GP and the life that everyone else expects you to have.
Knife Edge: Life as a Special Forces Surgeon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 59-8686241
Ex RE 1986 till 1997
Doc

Post by Doc »

Pass medical school first and then see what you want to do.

Trouble is at the moment your coming across as a right plank.

I repeat what I said earlier to you, Medical Officers are Doctors, you can they get attached to RM, Para, SAS, RLC etc (RM use RN Doctors)

YOU HAVE TO BE A DOCTOR FIRST and then join Army/Navy/RAF and then Pass that training and then pass medical training in the service of choice and then pass PCoy/Jumps or AACC and then maybe attachment to SF as base Doctor.

You cant join the RM/Paras/SAS as a doctor, you join the RN or RAMC and GET ATTACHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
King_duck

Post by King_duck »

So.... if I wanted to be a SF doctor could I just apply straight to Hereford whilst I'm at Uni? Will I do the underwater knife fighting/brick retrieval training before or after uni? :P
joethejudge

Post by joethejudge »

That depends on whether you have a military standard pair of flip flops and whether your watch can read people's minds...
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

its like a regular medic but you have to be able to remove black maskers from the eyes without tearing the eyelids
Hostage_Negotiator

Re: SF medic

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

kweowusu wrote:Hi,
Id like to know if its possible to join the special forces as a medical officer and what route you have to take.thanks
Yet another joining the ranks of the likes of gnr greenhill, matrix, feelyarse etc.

WALT!
sneaky beaky

Post by sneaky beaky »

H_N (plus all the others who have commented - with the exception of Doc)

Do you have any knowledge of this guy? Perhaps something the rest of us don't know?
He asked a perfectly reasonable question and has been given a load of crap in return. (With the honourable exception of Doc.)!!

We could at least give him the benefit of the doubt and answer his question sensibly. If he really is a Walter, then it is my experience that it will show in the end.
At the moment, he has made just one post!!
Sneaky
Jobag

Post by Jobag »

sneaky beaky wrote:At the moment, he has made just one post!!
Sneaky
Sorry, but he has made more than one topic on this. As it stands, he wants to be a Royal Marines Medic, Army Medic, Para medic and now an SF medic. Oh yeh, and he also wants lots of badges :o

Army medic - http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/cforums ... ht=#162013

16AAB Medic - http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/cforums ... ht=#162014

"marine medic" - http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/cforums ... ht=#162472

and now this topic on SF medic.

This guy cant be for real. :-?
King_duck

Post by King_duck »

hey - I wasnt having a go I was being serious! :P Actually - any excuse for an attempt at a funny post...

He has made a few posts but they do all seem to have a theme of medic to them. I bet you remember (Jobag) dreaming about having that maroon beret and what it would feel like. A lot of people dream about being in the elite forces, isnt that partly why you join them? He does seem to be fairly sincere in his idea of being a medic.
Maybe you (kweowusu) should focus on WHY you want to join as a medic and WHAT you want to do... That might give you a clue as to WHO you should join...
adj125

Post by adj125 »

sneaky beaky wrote:H_N (plus all the others who have commented - with the exception of Doc)

He asked a perfectly reasonable question and has been given a load of crap in return. (With the honourable exception of Doc.)!!

Sneaky
what was wrong with my reply to him??
Ex RE 1986 till 1997
Jobag

Post by Jobag »

King_duck wrote:I bet you remember (Jobag) dreaming about having that maroon beret
Fair one K_D, but i didnt dream about having a maroon, beige and green beret all on at once., unlike this guy.
flynn101

Post by flynn101 »

This is the beret i dream about getting :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

sneaky beaky wrote:H_N (plus all the others who have commented - with the exception of Doc)

Do you have any knowledge of this guy? Perhaps something the rest of us don't know?

We could at least give him the benefit of the doubt and answer his question sensibly. If he really is a Walter, then it is my experience that it will show in the end.
At the moment, he has made just one post!!
Sneaky
Sneaky'
Have a trawl through his previous posts and you'll see my point!