Share This Page:

Training plan(Training partner nottingham)

Post your request here if your looking for a training partner in your area.
agapito

Training plan(Training partner nottingham)

Post by agapito »

Guys doing my ADSC in a few weeks, im currently training but i dont know if my training plan is effective enough: I could do the following
(note: if you'd like to train with me i train at the forest park where the goose fair keeps near the city centre nottingham)

Monday - 6 mile run

Tuesday - REST

wednesday - 3 Mile run

thursday - Rest

friday - 10-15 mins interval traing or do a 3 mile run and do intervals within. please tell me if this is an ok training plan.

Or what im currently doing progressive training, i've bin doing a 3 mile run and slowly pushing it up to the 6 mile run which i have done, by doing the following;

Week one

Monday -3mile run

tuesday - Rest

wednesday - 3mile run

thusday - rest

friday - 3mile run + extra lap

week 2

monday 3mile run + extra lap

tuesday rest

wednesday 4 miles + extra lap

friday 6 miles

repeat 3rd week.

Now how should i improve on fourth week please, lets have some reponse keeping in mine i have adsc in a few weeks.
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

Um, not that Im that great at noticing things but er... where's your pressups/situps etc?
alex4013

Post by alex4013 »

dude, running is great. running is base-line fitness, but as prev poster says.. where's the press ups etc..?

how about putting some circuits in there aswell, they'll supplement your running no end and help inprove the area where you give no indication of your fitness atall... upper body..

circuits help improve (drastically) all round fitness.. its no good running like a fu**ing whippet for 20 miles only to fail a course by collapsing on your first press up or not being able to put weight on your back..

try putting a daysack on your back with 15lbs in it every other run... (15lbs = approx 6 litres of water. ie 3x 2 litre bottles.)

good thing is if you're fu**ed you can always drink the water!

i have a book on circuits by the royal marines...

pm me f you ant to buy it or look on ebay under royal marines fitness etc.. books... you'll get a copy no bother.
cal865

Post by cal865 »

Hi, i'm from Arnold in Nottingham, i got a friend who doesnt take training seriously, i need someone that would train with me and would support each other, i'm 18 and hoping to join the Royal marines when i'm fit enough. If you have an e-mail contact me at

calshep865@yahoo.co.uk

also do you swim? i know many baths that would be good to train at around Nottingham
fodd

Post by fodd »

alex4013 wrote:

try putting a daysack on your back with 15lbs in it every other run... (15lbs = approx 6 litres of water. ie 3x 2 litre bottles.)
Dont run with any weight on your back before you join up otherwise you will just injure yourself!!!!
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
AliRaza08

Re: Training plan(Training partner nottingham)

Post by AliRaza08 »

circuits help improve (drastically) all round fitness.. its no good running like a fu**ing whippet for 20 miles only to fail a course by collapsing on your first press up or not being able to put weight on your back..