Share This Page:

ARMY - OFFICIAL CMS INPUT TESTS - MINIMUM SCORE

All British Army related articles, frequently asked questions and other useful information in here.
Sig657

Post by Sig657 »

I wouldnt worry about selection its unfailable unless uve got 3 legs or cant be bothered, if ure unlucky you might get retested at a hospital about the medical but it happens to alot of people. Running times and that are not that important you will drop at least a min off your time come the end of basic should you make it. Good luck and dont worry just nuckle down!
If its not rainning its not trainning
uk_Taylor

Post by uk_Taylor »

yeah, even some kids get in! So no need to worry really. Just prepare and you'll be fine. Sad thing is you don't really need to prepare that well, but I have a feeling that will all change rapidly when your in!

Just makes me think if I should try out for the RM instead; Gotta a feeling it would be more rewarding! But thinking about it, scares the shit out of me lol
Didi Mau!
Tennant

Re: OFFICIAL CMS INPUT TESTS - MINIMUM SCORE

Post by Tennant »

Gary_amsterdam wrote:Please make this sticky, This is part of a small booklet wich tells you all about phase 1 training wich I got with the letter wich told me when I was joining etc.

It's not there anymore anyway of seeing it at all?
Funnyshapedhead

Post by Funnyshapedhead »

If someone could post the times in plain text format it would make this sticky a wee bit more useful for all the folks wanting to know.
Thanks.
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

uk taylor

perhaps those people just run better mile and a halfs if they push themselves from the start

ive just got mine under 9 minutes at 8:51 and i do it by running fast from the start and trying to maintain that speed all the way round
jockladfaejockland

Post by jockladfaejockland »

I can pass my mile and a half in under 32mins :o but hey i am a matelot! :lol:
Nobbys the name Minehunting the game.

I'll get me coat...
damon_dixon

Post by damon_dixon »

For RSC, you are required to complete the run in a certain time depending on your trade. Infantry being the quickest time, but your allowed extra time for junior entry and above certain ages. This is done with only a slight warm up. Whereas once in phase 1 or thereafter you complete a 800m, run/walk pace, followed by stretches. But your time is reduced again depending on your job choice. Youll find that the failure rate once passed out is very very low, but you do get another chance some time later. Hope this helps.
damon_dixon

Post by damon_dixon »

For RSC, you are required to complete the run in a certain time depending on your trade. Infantry being the quickest time, but your allowed extra time for junior entry and above certain ages. This is done with only a slight warm up. Whereas once in phase 1 or thereafter you complete a 800m, run/walk pace, followed by stretches. But your time is reduced again depending on your job choice. Youll find that the failure rate once passed out is very very low, but you do get another chance some time later. Hope this helps.
Stretfordender

Post by Stretfordender »

Funnyshapedhead wrote:If someone could post the times in plain text format it would make this sticky a wee bit more useful for all the folks wanting to know.
Thanks.
anyone

ta
bakes0310

Post by bakes0310 »

Right so to be defintely clear the 1.5mile run for infantry is either:
A) 10:30
B)11:30
C)12:45

If your're 100% certain please let us know cause there seems to be a little confusion.

Cheers :)

Corrected to remove TEXT SPEAK!!!

i',
bobishungry

Post by bobishungry »

Err bakes you forgot the Para time. Is it 9.30? NOOO its 9.18. Screw you its 9mins. That's a lie, that's what they would like you to get, the minimum is 9.18. No it's not you prat its 9.30, it says in my booklet. Well my booklet says 9.18 you nob!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG CAN SOMEONE JUST SAY WHAT THE ACTUAL TIME IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bakes0310

Post by bakes0310 »

flighty

Post by flighty »

It would also be quite respectful to army recruits if you paid heed to their efforts instead of gobbing off about how much better you think you could do than (God forbid) join the army.

''Unfailable?'' What sort of English is that?

''Even with three legs.'' What would you know? Done army basic, have you?

''Don't have to prepare that well.''

I've seen lads prepare for the army. My own included.

My God ...... you arrogant lumps of dung! :evil:

When you get your spelling and grammar right (ie 'you're a right tosser' as opposed to 'your a right tosser' and you can ''knuckle'' down as opposed to 'nuckle') then feel free to tell the world how bloody smart you are.

One angry Jayne! :evil:
Last edited by flighty on Wed 26 Mar, 2008 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tartan_Terrier

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

Calm down Flighty, it was four years ago, they MAY have learned to spell since then. They might even have joined up as well, who knows...
AddzWilkinson

Post by AddzWilkinson »

bigbart wrote:Those are just the entrance tests. You're still not a soldier really until you've done your 12 weeks basic, during which the tests get much harder.
You're an SUT (Solider Under Training) untill you pass out Basic Training :D SUT FOR THE WIN :D
BARB Test: Passed
Basic Skills: Passed
Written Medical: Passed
Interviews: Passed
ADSC: - Passed Pirbright 3rd/4th December
Intake - 22nd March catterick
Choosen Regiment - Princes Of Wales Royal Regiment