Share This Page:

PRMDC

All Royal Marines related articles, frequently asked questions and other useful information in here.
billy_bob

Post by billy_bob »

Can I just ask what is a Pre -PRMC , I think i read a while back that you can apply for a two week course if you fail your prmc . This course will get you up to the PRMC standards is this true?
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

Hi mate,

The pre-PRMC is a course if you only just fail the PRMC. You get given the option if you want to do it by the Cpl's on your PRMC if you have only just failed it. You can't apply for it. It's a 4 week course and gets you up to PRMC fitness so you can re-take PRMC. If you pass PRMC next time, you go straight into recruit training.
DLink011

Post by DLink011 »

its called PRMDC
Potential Royal Marine Development Course, its offered if you fail PRMC but only just literally by a couple points.

Of Course everyone wants to pass PRMC first time but if failed this would obviously be a fantastic thing to do.

Dan
RM application 2005, PRMC - tore ACL and PCL ligaments.
Contimplating TA for a couple years before i rejoin RM
Lillelj

Post by Lillelj »

Daveb wrote:Hi mate,

The pre-PRMC is a course if you only just fail the PRMC. You get given the option if you want to do it by the Cpl's on your PRMC if you have only just failed it. You can't apply for it. It's a 4 week course and gets you up to PRMC fitness so you can re-take PRMC. If you pass PRMC next time, you go straight into recruit training.
People probably already know, but for those who don't...

PRMDC no longer exists, according to my local AFCO. And i was told this during my interview. So don't look to scrape by and perhaps fall back on this, it ain't gonna happen bud! If you fail you fail. And i think you get another crack at it in like 6 months time or something.

Please correct me if i am wrong, but i doubt they would lie to my face in the interview.

Lillelj :wink:
Another foreigner...figures.

Passed out. 25th of July 2008!