Share This Page:

A Word About Effort

All Royal Marines related articles, frequently asked questions and other useful information in here.
dalo

Post by dalo »

hi all just a message reference the cannon shell in the hunter coy square, the feeling you get when you ring that bell is unbeleivable just the thought of the tradition that goes with it, newly passed out commandos rang a shell like that at the gates of achnacary, also i love alot of the tradition that remains in CTC, for example getting your camp comforter at the end of the 6 mile speed march, in world war two, new commando recruits would get off at the station, and achnacary camp was exactly 6 miles mostly up hill from the station, once off the train they were given a rifle and webbing and if they completed the speed march they would be given their cap comforter and allowed to commense commando training.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Dalo what you up to now mate?
ReadyEddie

Post by ReadyEddie »

Good stuff, mate. I don't normally get inspired but this sort of stuff, it's usually too cheesy, but that really hit the nail on the head.

I had a crap gym session this morning (just couldn't find it in my legs) and a shitty day at work. I was sitting around feeling sorry for myself. NOW I'm getting ready to go and do a bloody hard hill run I should have been doing anyway but was gonna put off.
Accept pain, discipline and suffering as part of the game.
fodd

Post by fodd »

thats why i put it up mate to inspire other people!
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

lodgi wrote:Nice words there. I might print that off a stick it on my wall.
Likewise, this is some good words!

Thanks for sharing Fodd!
[b]"Pain is weakness leaving the body"[/b]
bkp130

Post by bkp130 »

Absolutely amazing words. Putting them on my wall and on the front of my school diary. Have to look at it everyday.

Thanks for posting