Share This Page:

Members' Training Schedules

All Royal Marines related articles, frequently asked questions and other useful information in here.
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

ok, thanks mate, im not used to typing properly, but it shud be done.

i used to some press-ups just before going to bed, 40 or so, but when i realised you had to do them a certain way its halved the amount i can do!

i think i might try n get one of my mates to start going to the gym with me to help, its no good going by-urself, i reckon if there were two of us then we would push further and harder. anyway thanks again, also how long did you spend at the gym before noticing a difference? i went to the gym for about 3 months before christmas and didnt really manage to get slightly bigger, my shoulders developed but my arms havent, i cant seem to gain mass in my arms. also how do you lose that bit of fat that you get on your lower stomach, its attatched to me, nothing i do loses it! sit-ups, crunches, leg raises, is it your diet that would sort that out? reply when you can, jamie.
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

Ive maybe got 8 months max to really get fit n strong, im struggling with the press-ups,it just feels like theres nothing left in my arms, but i think my diet is all wrong, ive been told i need at least 2000 calories a day anyway as a teenager so to grow muscle and put mass on, i should eat alot more that 2k. ill start from home then, i cn get barbell/dumbells for 40-50 pound so its cheaper than subscription to a gym! then do alot of upper body workouts, is it true if you workout for much longer than an hour at a time the muiscles stop wirking properly n effiecently? cheers.
Skiffle

Post by Skiffle »

Is it true,

Well yes and no. It all depends on the individual concerned and how there training session is played out.

If the person is used to doing over one hour sessions and has stayed at a steady work rate, then no.

If he Max's out all the time in his training and doesn't allow for recovery, then yes.

If anything, the best training sessions are Up to 1 hour. When a training session lasts more than 45 minutes, then fluids should always be drank during the session to help fluid loss in the body.

When I train under the guidance of my coach for throwing the javelin. The training sessions can last anything up to 2 1/2 hours. But the work load is controlled by my coach, and there has been a long build up to get to the stage where I can train at this level.

If anything, concentrate on getting used to doing exercise. Condition your body to the exercise and then build. Don't think you are struggling to gain strength and increase the number of press-ups you can do, as this will take time. Something you have plenty of. 8)
Chaos, Disorder, Destruction.....My work here is done!

"The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been. --- Alan Ashley Pitt"

Why can't you accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

Cool, Im happeir doing some laps on the football field anyway, get my body working properly yea? as well as warming up and down, is the pull-up bar at lymstone anything like a football-goal cross-bar? i heard you cant grip it properly? hows that is it too big too hold? when doing pull-ups do you go down to a 90 degree angle on your arm or all the way?
beardo

Post by beardo »

the bar is extremely difficult to hold, especially with all the sweat on your hands. Try to do some ''grip strengthening'' exercises. Also, you have to wait until the last man is up, so when training, do 1 or 2 where you stay up for 5-6 seconds to get used to it. And on the way down your arm has to be locked out, i.e straight line
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

oh excellent! so when in the AFCO material is says 6 is a fair amount, its more like 10 or 12 easy going one. so would 8 on a goal post be a fair amount after 20 laps of a football field, i cant put things in relation. ill see how i manage with all this training and just try my best. i want it bad so ill do what it takes, is it bad to train the same things everyday? like running everyday aswell as an hour on weights?
Nade

Post by Nade »

Over the last week or so my left elbow has been clicking when I perform press-ups. I was thinking that maybe I should just rest it for a while or would performing exercises which strengthen the elbow joint be a good idea?

If anyone can help I would be grateful. The clicking isnt sore but its pretty annoying hearing it all the time and Its never happened before either so im not to sure what has caused it!

Nade
Wee Willy Winkie

Post by Wee Willy Winkie »

mate, i get the same thing nearly everywhere in my body and im only 15. i hear clicks just behind my left ear when im running and my heart rate is high but if i run in time with my rate it stops ?!?!?!?! Also, my right knee clicks of its own accord when doing exercise, it doesnt hurt like you say, just bloody annoying :x Andy
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"

Post by Guest »

yer i get that as well its probably nothing and will go in a couple of months if you dont encourage it
beardo

Post by beardo »

Every joint in my body clicks, and it always has done. Im going to have really bad arthiritus when I get older
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

Heres my training plan:

Mon - 3 mile run, Pull Up Press Up, Sit Up Circuit
Tue - Bike/Swim, Circuit Training (a killer)
Wed - 4/5/6 mile run, PPS circuit
Thur - Bike/Swim, Circuit training (killer)
Fri - 6/7/8 mile run, PPS circuit
Sat - Interval run, Circuit Training (Killer+)
Sun - Rest

Has anyone got any suggestions to improve this? My PRMC is in three months and I have have poor fitness at the moment.

I started it 3 weeks ago with a fartlek run on tuesday but this felt too much so I scraped it - some of you do 2 sprint sessions, is one interval session enough?

I origionally planned this while I had a 20hr/week job but now im on a 40hr job (5am-2pm one week, 2pm-10pm the next). Is is practical to do all the work in the afternoon or morning respectively?

Im thinking about asking to do part time at work so I can concentrate more on fitness - should I?
Wee Willy Winkie

Post by Wee Willy Winkie »

i dont know if this is the case with other people but starting training for PRMC 3 months prior seems a bit short? any views? i plan to at least train medium level for about a year beforehand? i say i plan......... Andy
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"